EB14: Finish Line Frees Up Your Clips with new Pedal and Cleat Dry Lube

IMG_2871.JPG Finish Line’s latest lubricant is meant for your pedals rather than your chain. Their new Dry Film Pedal and Cleat Lube is specifically formulated to stick to the parts but not the environment. Approved for use use with Speedplay pedals as well as all other metal or composite cleats, the lube is totally dry and will not attract dirt.

Depending on the conditions Finish Line expects applications to last about a month. Once applied the lubricant will help break in new pedals and cleats, prevent older ones from squeaking, and free up available float while providing smooth entry and release. Finish Line mentions you can use the lube on other parts where a dry lube is beneficial but should not be used on chains.

Pedal and Cleat is sold in a 5 oz aerosol can for $8.99 and will be available next month.

Comments

chunk - 08/26/14 - 12:22pm

Good grief really? Is there a 650b specific lube also?

So Finish Lines other lubricants that lets say, lubricant and keep clean your chain won’t work?

Topmounter - 08/26/14 - 1:38pm

Dripping chain lube on my pedals never made much sense. I usually mist my pedals with whatever aerosol lubricant I have at hand, but if this stuff lasts longer and attracts less grime then I’ll give it a try if it shows up at my LBS.

Limba - 08/26/14 - 1:45pm

I’ll try/buy this unless someone comes up with something better. Guys?

Wally - 08/26/14 - 4:12pm

Dry silicon spray works great for me. I’m partial to the CRC Heavy Duty available at Wal-Mart, hardware stores, etc. Lubricates w/o attracting dirt:

Rico - 08/26/14 - 4:31pm

I’d try this stuff. God knows I’ve used up enough rags and grease cleaning/lubing speedplays. Another tip for lube – T9 can be had for ~ $15 for 12oz aerosol can at West Marine.

Pablo - 08/26/14 - 4:52pm

ahhm……Dry tri flow….

Joe - 08/26/14 - 9:37pm

A 650b lube makes perfect sense. But only to people that a 650b makes sense.

Pedal and cleat lube is an interesting idea. I will try it.

BrandonTheGinger - 08/26/14 - 10:14pm

Can’t go wrong with the T9

Omair - 08/27/14 - 4:17am

Just use a little Scotch brite to smoothen the cleats

Mark @ GRAVELBIKE - 08/27/14 - 11:01am

Like Wally, I also use dry silicone spray lube on my (Speedplay) pedals. I’d be curious to know if the Finish Line lasts longer.

Tod - 08/27/14 - 2:48pm

Blaster Dry Lube with PTFE works well for Speedplay road cleats, similar to Speedplay’s SP-Lube, but easier to apply (by virtue of being an aerosol). I’ll definitely be giving this Finish Line product a try though, to see which I prefer.