- Moots is offering one of their bikes as prize for your donation to help their local trial builders pay for a Single Track Specialty Machine. Buy a raffle ticket for $50 (only 250 offered) and you’ll be entered to win a Moots Rogue Ybb.
- The League of American Bicyclists has issued an Action Alert asking for your help to tell the USDOT that it is important to you to have a national transportation goal with standards that make biking and walking a safe alternative to driving.
- MTBparks.com has announced the MTBParks Pass, which gives riders deals at a collection of North America’s Best Bike Parks for the summer 2014 riding season. Deals include: “free lift tickets upon first visit at a growing list North America’s Best Bike Parks, discounted lift tickets upon subsequent visits at many participating parks (discount rates will vary), bike shop and rental discounts, exclusive lodging packages and more all for one low price with no blackout dates…”
- The Indiana University Little 500 Bike Races will be held April 25-26th. Tickets to watch the races in Bill Armstrong Stadium are on sale now with proceeds raising money for student scholarships.
- This is happening May 16-18th in Santa Fe, NM.
- The Fourth Annual Campagnolo Gran Fondo New York will be May 18th, 2014.
- Bike Day in Canada is May 26th. Click here to find or organize events in your city.
- The 2014 Air Force Association Cycling Classic will be held June 7-8. The ride will be on a closed 15km circuit around the Pentagon, Crystal City, and the Air Force Memorial. Online registration is open and closes May 31st.
- The Next Great Trip is offering a new way to witness the 2014 USA Pro Challenge in Colorado on August 17-24. They’re offering a trip which includes private charter flights between stages, 5-star accommodations, VIP bus ride with the peloton, even your chance to ride some of the stages before the race. Hosted by Ron Keifel, you’ll get a behind the scenes look at Colorado’s great race. Package starts at $9,500.
- Cenoté is giving away an Annual Parks Pass for the U.S. National Parks. Like their FB page to enter and one lucky winner will be chosen on Earth Day, April 22nd.
- Mavic is asking for feedback on their road tires.
- Après Vélo is having their Easter clearance sale with prices starting at $3.95. Sale ends April 21st.
- Add a tin of Embrocation and a pound of Dutch Coffee to your Road Holland order for just $19 with code SPRING20.
- Eaton Bikes in Key West, Florida, will take care of your bike rental needs.
- …and we could all use a Lucky Brake.
In recent years the options for kids bicycles have been getting better and better. Little Shredder and Commencal now have the little groms covered, and Farrier now has several models for future pro road racers, but what about the kids who have yet to discover their niche?
To help teach your kid the joys of exploring the world around them via bike, Cleary is building little bikes that have kid specific geometries. They’re designed with proper geometry that puts them in a good riding position and are light enough to enjoy. S o how did they do it?
As a cyclist who adheres faithfully to the ancient “N+1″ proverb (where N is the number of bikes currently owned), I am always searching for news ways to maximize my existing storage. So in addition to wall mounted solutions, I also have a fleet of floor stands for visiting two wheeled friends, and the occasional photo mission.
Friday Shredits: Keegan Wright Kills it, Fabien Barel Presents Season 3, Plus Gary Young and Jack Kerouac?
Already the U19 New Zealand Downhill National Champion, 17 year old Keegan Wright looks like he’s on a path straight to the top. This awesome video from John Colthorpe highlights Keegan’s skill as well as his speed. Look for this kid in the future, or maybe the present as he travels with the Giant/Fox team training with Danny Hart and Andrew Neethling.
Much more after the break.
Photo submitted by Samuel Wakefield, “I live in the small town of Lavale, MD and 500ft from a mall, but I have this mountain (Haystack Mountain) also just practically in my backyard. I took this photo of my custom Stumpjumper looking down the powerline from the top in what we like to call ‘Mountain Maryland’, and I’m actually overlooking the mall below!”
We always love to see your photos and would like to show them to the world here on the Pic Of The Day. Send in your photo with a brief description here.
SOC14: Black Market Unleashes Mommy’s Little Monster And Steel Bars with Big Rise, Both Built in the USA
The new prototype on display at the booth was no exception, developed using a similar geometry to their former Contraband model, this new bike will be their first 24″ bike to made here in the states. READ MORE ->
Given the fact that we seem to be heading into a renaissance of Day-Glo colors and color matched anodized parts, consumers seem to be paying more attention than ever to the individual components of their bikes. Those looking for colorfully anodized parts are at the company’s mercy hoping they will eventually offer what they want in the color they like, or can look to the anodization experts like the folks at 321 Components. We spotted Project 321 pushing around an Ibis with some Pink Thomson bits at last year’s SOC, so we wanted to stop by their booth and see what they have been working on since. The answer is more colors, more hubs, and more Lefty compatibility…
Judging by the bright colors and extra coverage of their new helmet, Uvex is looking to get in on the current Enduro trend. This shouldn’t be too hard, since their new Quattro Pro helmet looks quite good. As their top end model, the Quattro Pro has 17 vents and a double inmold construction for a well ventilated lid that still offers excellent protection.
Even though the helmet isn’t available until June, you can get a quick look at its features, next…
Looks like we have another killer mountain biking video that’s set to be released soon. Consisting of a riding cast hand picked by Semenuk in all disciplines of mountain biking, and brought together by the crew of Red Bull Media House and New World Disorder Films, Rad Company features riding on location in Fiji, Retallack BC, Sunshine Coast BC, Pemberton BC, Kamloops BC, and Utah. The World Premiere is set for June 7, in North Vancouver BC – you can pick up tickets, here.