Photo Gallery: 2015 Specialized Road & Mountain Bikes Overview

2015 Specialized Venge LR "Lunch Ride" 1x11 road bike. Photo: Scott Bellecitti

2015 Specialized Venge LR “Lunch Ride” 1×11 road bike. Photo: Scott Bellecitti

This year, Specialized skipped their major press event where we usually get to weigh and photo everything and get all the nitty gritty. But, their dealers still had their event, and thanks to the legendary Dale Brown over at Cycles de Oro, we’ve got a huge gallery of images and a few details.

From what we’re seeing, there’s a bit more excitement on the road side, even with the new 650B version of the Enduro that was just shown in detail. The pavement, or, rather, off-pavement, side is being led by the Diverge gravel bike. At least for those two, we have some pretty solid information and spec.

There’s plenty more to see though, starting off with the new Venge LR (Lunch Ride), shown above. It’s built up with SRAM Force CX1 mechanical shifters for a 1×11 build around Specialized’s carbon crank arms. Retail is around $5,500. That pic’s from Scott at Mike’s Bikes, everything that follows is from de Oro…

2015-specialized-venge-aero-road-bikes

Many more 2×11 Venge aero road bikes remain in the line.

2015-specialized-tarmac-s-works-mclaren-road-bike

The Tarmac line is headed by the limited edition McLaren version that comes with it’s own matching helmet, shoes and stand.

2015-specialized-tarmac-s-works-mclaren-road-bike2

It’s spec’d with some high zoot bits like eeBrakes. Full story on this bike here.

2015-specialized-tarmac-disc-s-works-road-bike

The new Tarmac Disc was also announced earlier this year and has a few different models available.

2015-specialized-tarmac-size-specific-frame-designs

The whole “rider centric” design is largely based off entirely different tube, layup and shape designs for every size frame. This cutaway shows just how different they really are. Click to enlarge and you can just make out the text.

2015-specialized-roubaix-disc-s-works-endurance-road-bike

A matte black Roubaix S-Works Disc with Di2 and hydraulic brakes joins the lineup.

2015-specialized-roubaix-s-works-endurance-road-bike1

A new S-Works Dura-Ace mechannical/rim brake Roubaix is also available.

2015-specialized-allez-s-works-dalusio-smoothweld-road-bike1

The Allez S-Works D’Aluisio Di2 model combines electronic shifting with their top of the line alloy road racing frame.

2015-specialized-allez-s-works-dalusio-smoothweld-road-bike2

An alloy race bike for eight grand? Yep. After all, there was already a $7,000 mechanically shifted model for 2014, so why not?

2015-specialized-allez-650c-road-bike

For young espoirs just starting out (or really short folks), the new Allez 650 combines a straight 1-1/8″ steerer with and 650c wheels with their A1 premium butted, formed alloy tubing for a great entry to the sport. The complete bike’s only $770.

2015-specialized-diverge-carbon-di2-gravel-adventure-road-bike

The new Diverge gravel/adventure/all conditions road bike got an informal debut already, but here are a few extra looks.

2015-specialized-diverge-carbon-di2-gravel-adventure-road-bike1

Nice to see rack/fender mounts on a high end carbon bike.

2015-specialized-diverge-carbon-di2-gravel-adventure-road-bike2

2015-specialized-diverge-carbon-di2-gravel-adventure-road-bike4

How much do you want to spend to get away from it all?

2015-specialized-diverge-carbon-gravel-adventure-road-bike

Fortunately, the design trickles down to less expensive carbon…

2015-specialized-diverge-alloy-gravel-adventure-road-bike

…and alloy versions. Note the hydroformed head tube with Smartweld-looking design. Not quite as smooth as the Allez, but still pretty.

2015-specialized-crux-disc-cyclocross-bikes

Lots of disc brake Crux cyclocross bike options. Graphics scheme looks the same as before, just different colors, and a new Di2/Hydraulic brake build at the top of the heap.

specialized-road-and-cyclocross-frames-custom-paint

Pretty colors.

2015-specialized-shiv-elite-triathlon-bike

The 2015 Shiv Elite gets a budget friendly Shimano 105 build with plenty of adjustability built into the handlebars. Note the drinking tube coming out of the frame and up toward the front, making it easier to drink while in the aero position. Just mount your favorite aero wheels and you’re ready to race.

2015 SPECIALIZED MOUNTAIN BIKES

2015-specialized-epic-fsr-s-works-full-susp-mtb

The S-Works Epic FSR 29 World Cup might seem like the top of the line…

2015-specialized-epic-fsr-s-works-full-susp-mtb2

…what with this spec and all. But it’s not likely to be the most expensive:

2015-specialized-epic-fsr-s-works-full-susp-mtb3

That honor almost assuredly goes to the S-Works Epic 29 with the new Rockshox RS-1 inverted fork with their Predictive Steering hub laced to Roval Control SL carbon, hookless rims.

2015-specialized-epic-fsr-s-works-full-susp-mtb4

It also gets their new XCP short travel dropper post that’s borrowed by the Diverge. It has 35mm of drop with a carbon body and internal cable routing only. That valve at the top is likely to adjust air pressure to affect return speed.

2015-specialized-epic-fsr-s-works-full-susp-mtb5

Ultimate.

2015-specialized-camber-grom-full-susp-mtb1

The new Camber Grom brings their FSR suspension and all-mountain travel to a 24″ wheel for the kids. It’s running Maxxis Snyper tires, a 24″ dirt BMX tire with a 1x drivetrain. Kids these days – they’ve got all the best toys.

2015-specialized-camber-grom-full-susp-mtb2

Just ignore all that stuff about 29er geo and wheels.

2015-specialized-crave-alloy-hardtail-and-singlespeed-mtb

The Crave 29er hardtail gets some new colors and likely the usual spec updates.

COMMUTER, E-BIKE AND MORE

2015-specialized-turbo-e-bike-lower-cost1

The Specialized Turbo e-bike gets a lower priced model.

2015-specialized-turbo-e-bike-lower-cost2

This new version comes in $2,100 less than the original and likely sees smaller batteries and less powerful motors. (We’re getting details and will update shortly)

2015-specialized-VITA-carbon-fitness-city-bicycle

The Vita Carbon Disc provides the ladies with a lightweight, fast and modern city bike.

2015-specialized-sirrus-carbon-disc-city-commuter-bicycle2

The Sirrus Disc Carbon does the same for the gents and ladies with the added comfort of Zertz inserts on the fork and seatstays.

2015-specialized-sirrus-carbon-disc-city-commuter-bicycle

If you’re gonna ride to work, you may as well do it in comfort and style.

classic-specialized-allez-steel-road-bike3

Lastly, we have a throwback to the early days of Specialized bikes. This steel, lugged Allez has obviously seen some hard miles over the years.

classic-specialized-allez-steel-road-bike1

classic-specialized-allez-steel-road-bike2

classic-specialized-allez-steel-road-bike4

Next up, 2015 Specialized gear, apparel and components. Stay tuned!

Specialized.com

Comments

Johnny - 07/17/14 - 3:56pm

Show me the ERA!

Velo - 07/17/14 - 4:06pm

Nice to see rack/fender mounts on the Diverge. Some of the Allez’s have mounts too, right?

J.D. - 07/17/14 - 4:07pm

Hmm, wonder when this will be on their website? Do they offer 11 speed 105 and hydro disc option on Tarmac or Roubaix? How much is the Diverge with 105 and hydro discs? What is the gearing?

J.D. - 07/17/14 - 4:10pm

And the carbon diverge has a rack mount? What is the weight capacity?

Sn - 07/17/14 - 4:11pm

What is a lunch ride bike? :-)

Velo - 07/17/14 - 4:13pm

Nice to see a 650 road bike for smaller riders too.

drew-and-not-u - 07/17/14 - 4:14pm

The Vita and Sirrus carbon models both have Zertz (just hard to see on the vita). They’re essentially Roubaix/Ruby frames with flatbars.

Definitely cool to see the kids Allez and Camber!

S - 07/17/14 - 4:38pm

The venge LR is probably the future of crit racing in the US so not really a dumb idea

Jose - 07/17/14 - 4:45pm

That Venge LR is god*mn awesome. Almost too awesome.

I assume it was based off a staffers bike that they were using for the legendary lunch rides they have at their Morgan Hill facility. Only those with the stones need apply. Big S is making some fun stuff these days, shame they just get shat upon for doing it.

Carbon gravel bike with a dropper and rack/fender mounts and thru-axles and discs, how rad is that thing?!

Only slightly let down by the S-Works Epic, wish it had Di2 XTR for $12k.

The vitas and sirrus’ look solid, glad they put discs on the carbon versions of the vita this year. @Drewnotyou, the vitas this year said Ruby on the zertz they aren’t practically a ruby, they are a ruby.

No downhill stuff? There was some interesting spy shots of either a new demo or status.

His dudeness - 07/17/14 - 4:45pm

SN- the Lunch Ride bike is an homage to the lunch rides that take place at their corporate HQ. Every day there is a “ride” that is more like a 45minute to an hour CAT 2-3 road race. I’d imagine the Lunch Ride Venge came to be to give people as much high performance bits (ie-carbon cranks, wheels, frame, etc) but spec it with drivetrain components that aren’t as crazy expensive so that you can get as much “go-fast” as your buck can buy. For what you get the price seems pretty awesome and I’d imagine the Venge platform will work on weekend club rides or races too.

Al Boneta - 07/17/14 - 4:55pm

Nothing really jumps out at me

Phil - 07/17/14 - 4:56pm

The Sirrus and Vita were totally redesigned for MY15 and have their own geo and fit. They are no longer Roubaix and Ruby frames with flat bars. They also do not share a geo. The Vita is a completely different frame then the Sirrus. Specialized is really upping their game in the women specific categories this year, and moving forward. The new Sirrus geo rides like a dream I’m the city.

Sharden - 07/17/14 - 5:12pm

+1 @ Al Boneta.
I think it’s time to change brand for me.

TimGee - 07/17/14 - 5:26pm

The cut-away of the Tarmac tubes is really neat. If you look closely you can see exactly how Contadors frame broke.

Derek - 07/17/14 - 5:34pm

Is the Venge LR chainring X-sync?

Charango - 07/17/14 - 5:35pm

Can somebody please enlighten me as to why the “lunch ride” bike is interesting? A 1×11 road bike just seems stupid. particularly one with a braze-on.

And don’t even get me started on the $8000 aluminum allez…

SomePeople - 07/17/14 - 5:39pm

(deleted)

Peter R - 07/17/14 - 5:48pm

I really appreciate what “S” is doing, but at the same time, they have to be the leader is outrageously priced bikes. I’ve been doing this “bike thing” going on 27 years now, and it’s kind of getting out of hand. You used to be able to buy a good race bike for like $1500 in the late 1990′s. Just add tubulars and go.
Even Specialized had a great deal on some of the original M5 Stumbjumpers. Full LX for like $1,000.
Yes, grumpy old man speaking here…..

chasejj - 07/17/14 - 5:55pm

All this article did for me is confirm I am going to go back to riding moto.
I can buy a tricked out brand new Husqvarna/KTM for less than a 29er FS bike.
Way more fun and less investment/higher resale.

Bicycling has gotten F’in ridiculous.

kenai - 07/17/14 - 6:09pm

@timgee LOL!!!

Michael - 07/17/14 - 6:10pm

$12,000 for the S-Works Epic! That’s a $1500 price increase over last years Epic. I’m on my fourth S-Works Epic now. Simply one of the best bikes ever made. Now I begin to question these prices on bikes. Since my bike mechanic is still making about the same he did a couple of years when we began to see these huge price increases. I begin to wonder how inflated the bike prices are. I purchased my current S-Works Epic WC at team pricing and the shop still made money. Some will argue well you need to pay for R&D etc. and that reflects in the price. I would love to see those figures……

Saris Mercanti - 07/17/14 - 6:20pm

@SomePeople

Amen!

Devin - 07/17/14 - 6:27pm

@Peter P, I hate the “bikes are so expensive now days” argument. What isn’t more expensive than it was in the 90′s? Gas, milk, real estate. Everything is more expensive. Furthermore, you can still buy a $1500 bike that rides as good or better than a $1500 “race bike” from the early 90′s.

Ilikeicedtea - 07/17/14 - 6:35pm

Well, Michael, assuming you pay retail, you’ve dropped $40,000 on four bikes and a 20‰ price increase makes you question the value?

That’s downright odd thinking/behavior.

Ilikeicedtea - 07/17/14 - 6:38pm

Yeah chase! The only option is to buy a $12,000 bike. There aren’t any other options. Good thinking, breh.

Ilikeicedtea - 07/17/14 - 6:46pm

I’d like to buy a car, but I can’t afford a quarter million dollar Ferrari. I guess I’ll just continue to commute by bike :(

Psi Squared - 07/17/14 - 6:48pm

Simple question: why are there so few reviews out there for the most recent flavor of Roval aero wheels?

Peter R - 07/17/14 - 6:56pm

@Devin I disagree, you also seem to be discounting the inflation on bike prices has far out paced your “gas, milk, real estate” example. Actually my house is worth less now than it was in the late 1990′s but that is a whole different story and B!tch session.
I personally think they do it, because there are morons (suckers) out there who think you can buy performance/speed instead of actually training.
Also I find flaw in your theory about today’s bikes being better. My 2001 Giant TCR is still hands down the best race bike I ever had. Light, stiff, inexpensive. All things a race bike should be when you are paying for it yourself.

Ilikeicedtea - 07/17/14 - 7:17pm

@ Peter R

Try golf club inflation, in lieu of milk. Or any other sport/activity that caters to disposable income.

Want a $1000 tent? Easy. $1000 rollerblades? Easy too.

Want a $1500 bike that will do whatever you need? Also, easy.

Psi Squared - 07/17/14 - 7:36pm

You can’t mention $1000-1500 bikes that exist now if you want to complain about prices on bikes that aren’t $1000-1500. It’ll terminally weaken an already gaunt and frail argument.

Matt - 07/17/14 - 7:37pm

@Psi, I too was looking for new roval wheel reviews. They look amazing on these bikes, but they received a terrible review when being reviewed on the first year of the Tarmac SL4. I would love to know if they have gotten better. My MTB rovals have been amazing.

lonefrontranger - 07/17/14 - 7:55pm

I have no info on the MTB Rovals but the ones that came on our Crux Pro Discs (my husband and I each bought one last year) have been fantastic, and they’re lighter than the rim brake carbon tubs (older 303s) we used to have.

Ilikeicedtea - 07/17/14 - 8:07pm

A $2500 Cervelo with a 1000g frame?

Imposibru!

LateSleeper - 07/17/14 - 8:15pm

@Matt, @ Psi: I’ve been running Roval CLX40 disc wheels on the Seven Elium I built as a century bike for over a year now. There weren’t too many choices for road disc wheels back then, and the Rovals were way cheaper than Enve. I was a bit concerned about the internal nipples, but I’ve got between 4000 & 5000 miles on them now, and I’ve never done any maintenance except put new tires on and wipe them down occasionally.

Does the aero profile make me faster? I’m not a racer, so I doubt it. But I sometimes imagine they’re a bit better in a headwind, and they’re still manageable in a crosswind. They feel light enough for climbing and I don’t see enough sideways deflection to make my discs rub (with TRP HyRd brakes). All in all, I don’t regret buying the Rovals at all… ask me in another year how the hubs are holding up.

Will - 07/17/14 - 9:12pm

I’m so sick of all this overpriced carbon bullsh*t that no one really needs. I don’t care who makes it, specialized or otherwise (i’m no specialized hater, I loved them in the 90′s). How can there possibly be enough people who can afford a $12k mountain bike to justify building them?

Will - 07/17/14 - 9:15pm

Not to mention an $5500 “lunch ride” bike. Give me a break.

padrote - 07/17/14 - 9:23pm

@chasejj these comparisons are the worst. like you can’t get a brand new full suspension 29er for $3000. don’t forget about the truck you’ll need to haul aroud your sicky sick tricked out motorcycle. you realize since they are selling tons more dirt bikes than mountain bikes that they can make them much cheaper, right?

padrote - 07/17/14 - 9:25pm

I am so sick of companies making products that people want at prices they’re willing to pay!

padrote - 07/17/14 - 9:56pm

pinterest is worth more than the entire US bike industry sales in 2013.

Psi Squared - 07/17/14 - 10:24pm

I’m so sick of people buying stuff that I think is overpriced and that I don’t think they need!

Rowan - 07/17/14 - 10:25pm

I see an aero cross bike in the makings…

Velociraptor - 07/17/14 - 10:46pm

While it’s very cool that we can afford the same bicycles that the pros race on, bicycle prices are ridiculous compared to motorcycle prices.

I think the difference is the intended market. The target market for these bicycles is dentists, doctors, and lawyers in their 40′s.

Flip - 07/17/14 - 10:47pm

Hardly anyone disagrees that people paying $16,000 for a bike is ridiculous, even the people buying them. The sub-$2000 bikes have absolutely never been better. It was Andy Hampsten who pointed out that a $1200 Trek is lighter, cheaper, and shifts better than the bike he won the Giro on.

padrote - 07/17/14 - 11:04pm

people who ride $2000 bikes, a luxury item by any standard and recreational activity with high cost of entry, are going to tell you what your “needs” are.

G - 07/17/14 - 11:05pm

@Will: I think it would surprise you to find out exactly how many people seek stuff like this. Premium price is indicative of quality, therefore, it is a value to them. Despite the fact that I can’t afford any of these, the ride quality is a pinnacle. And think of this as a value to you. Sooner or later, this tech will flow to more affordable models.

Andy - 07/17/14 - 11:10pm

@Peter R
Why are you on bike rumor if you don’t want to see cool new stuff? I’m honestly curious. If you think bikes peaked in 2001, why spend your time on this site?

Tim Watson - 07/18/14 - 12:13am

No Venge disc or SS Stumpjumper with bolted axles, *sulking*

Rico - 07/18/14 - 12:49am

Silver Allez frame is the nads.

Md - 07/18/14 - 12:57am

Direct copycats of cannondales black inc idea/ concept ( real original!!)

Chuck Diller - 07/18/14 - 2:03am

@Peter R

Any comment on the sweet Allez for only $770?

With the S-Works (read: halo bikes) bikes, you seem to be asking the wrong question: It’s not “Is it worth that much?” it’s, “How much am I willing to pay?”

People who can afford S-Works don’t ask those questions.

savage - 07/18/14 - 4:31am

Was there a sale on matt black paint recently?

John smith - 07/18/14 - 6:35am

Specialized is not original they copy everything off trek and Cannondale. Great marketing company though

John Smith - 07/18/14 - 8:16am

On the upper end bikes the use of the color black seems to be an attempt to be dramatic but to me it has been used so much now it is not dramatic at all, just downright boring. Very, very few riders can produce the speed necessary to justify the extreme look and I’ll be relieved when colors come back. Loved the 2007-2008 schemes.

justfrikingride - 07/18/14 - 8:50am

Its amazing that everyone on this forum see’s what photo’s Mike’s Bikes sends of the high end bike that look sweet and everyone flips their lid over the prices. Yea a $12,000 epic is expensive, has anyone looked at the price of the new XTR drivetrain and let alone the RS-1?

Have any of you seen the Epic Comp World-Cup yet? M5 Frameset, SRAM X1 drivetrain with the control carbon wheels and a SID? Same for the Stumpjumper M5 Hardtail, sweet builds and great price points for those of us who ride.

And the MSRP of the Roval Traverse Carbon Wheels have dropped $400 and are lighter by 120grams on our scale when were at the show, and ride better than most wheels I have been on. The Traverse Aluminum is 1770 grams, I think 31-33 mm wide is a little cheaper than last years wheels.

But if I read above blogs its all “scam” by Specialized to get your money…..Jealousy is the worst paint scheme on those who want high end but wont pay for it. I would love a new 2015 Chevy 1500 pick-up truck, but I cant afford one, so I better go tear up Chevy for making something I can’t afford….

Bikes are expensive if you want to play with the best equipment,

Mitch - 07/18/14 - 11:08am

I am thinking about buying a Vita Pro Carbon for my wife. I can get a 2014 at a good discount. Has this years model been much improved that I am better off paying the extra money and getting a 2015?

Mitch - 07/18/14 - 11:39am

Actually, it looks like they are aiming for the Sirrus and Vita to be more like hybrid MTB bikes than Road bikes.

Peter R - 07/18/14 - 11:39am

@ Andy….you sure infer a lot more than my comments indicate. Never said bikes hit the pinnacle in 2001, just saying the best race bike I ever had was from 2001. $650 for a frame/fork/seatpost that I raced the heck out of. That was the ideal race bike.
Nor did I ever complain about the bikes not being cool. Read my first remark. I appreciate what Specialized is doing.
@ Chuck, As for prices, yes $770 is a great bike. The Andy Hampsten quote up above is perfect.
I’d love to ride a $12K bike. I fully understand that there are dozens of bikes in the $1500-3,000 range that are very sweet. I personally just don’t get the “Halo” bike category.
Heck, see the post about the new cervelo.
Obviously some of you are way more enlightened that the rest of us and are the only people who are allowed to have opinions.

K11 - 07/18/14 - 1:38pm

best part of everything was the last part – the steel allez. the old specialized company was just “better”

matt - 07/18/14 - 3:42pm

If you pay list price, you are a sucker. If you really want an S-works, you can figure a way to get one at 30-even 40% discount. I have owned 2 and have never paid more than 60% of list. Just do a little leg work. Wait for the 2015s to come out and by a new 2014. Seek out a connection that can help. Develop a friendship with you bike store owner. Any bike store will give some kind of discount off of list. Be creative and get the bike you want at the best price. And then you better get fast or get ridiculed by me.

Jonathan Quiroga-Tinoco - 07/18/14 - 4:17pm

I love the 650b wheels idea on a road bike

satisFACTORYrider - 07/18/14 - 5:50pm

people complaining about things they can’t afford. priceless.

Bill Gates - 07/18/14 - 6:55pm

It’s ridiculous pricing and stupid expensive. I mean, c’mon really? I hope this increased pricing causing more consumers to look at buying other brands. It’s really asinine. I have a Pinarello Dogma 65.1 and a 2013 S-Works Epic. A Dogma that’s even that fully decked out with SR11 is cheaper than the Tarmac S-Works or the new Epic. Don’t get me wrong, I like high-end toys and make good money to be able to afford these top of the line bikes, but I think it’s gotten out of control.

I think a lot of other brands like C-dale, Trek, and many Euro brands like Colnago, Pinarello, Ibis, etc. hopefully steal some of this marketshare due to the ridiculous inflated pricing by Specialized.

I mean, seriously….on a Specialized bike that’s outfitted with Dura-Ace or Ultegra, you don’t EVEN get a matching Shimano crankset. You get a stupid lower-cost (backend-kickbacks from FSA), ugly-a$$ FSA crank. Really? I can’t complain enough about this.

On the bright side, I do love the Specialized bikes (just not the price), so I will plan on buying a frameset and building it up more economically (saving money in the right places) the way I want.

GMoney - 07/18/14 - 6:57pm

In the bike industry, the ratio of “You get what you pay for” is 1:1. If you can’t buy it, it doesn’t make it not worth the money. Someone will buy it and benefit from the improvements. It’s ok if you ride a heave bike…you’ll get stronger. But you’re not getting anything else if the bike cannot offer you room for performance improvements.

notapro - 07/18/14 - 8:16pm

Bill Gates has pricing issues?

J.D. - 07/18/14 - 9:04pm

Maybe you guys live in small markets or something. Here in NYC you see dozens of S-Works bikes every weekend. And plenty of other brands competing 10k+ models. Go to Strictly Bicycles on a Saturday morning, it’s the bike equivalent of a Ferrari meet-up. They are catering to a market, people are buying these bikes. If you can’t afford it, then buy the 105 model. It’s silly to complain that Specialized has a business model that caters to all demographics. If you can’t afford it, you can still enjoy seeing the craftsmanship and R&D when you get to see these bikes in person.

Ernst Weel - 07/19/14 - 7:58am

I never buy a complete bike off the shelves, frame only. In this respect, it is good to see that the frame only prices of the Tarmac (Pro and Sworks models) have come down again for 2015 (as for 2014). The Allez frame was and still is a true bargain for such a nice frame and something I might even favor over a Tarmac given the fact that I might crash the frame in the first crit I start.

But if I can lay my hands on a Sworks Allez frame, I buy it… wow!

Ced G. - 07/20/14 - 6:31pm

In this thread: A lot of people bellyaching about stuff they want, yet can’t afford. Surely Specialized has a hotline you can call for this kind of thing?

dillon - 07/22/14 - 1:26am

Ok (deleted), compare an allez from the 90′s to a 2015 tarmac–what is the major change..? MATERIALS. Carbon is more expensive to produce and work with than old school steel or aluminum. It’s plain and simple really (unless you’re too stupid to break it all down and think about it piece by piece). Go to your bike shop and ask to see a high-end aluminum wheelset and a high-end carbon wheelset, do you think they will cost the same..? Now do this for EVERY piece of the bike–wheels, frame, handlebars, cranks, etc. Oh yea, lets also factor in Di2 type setups–did they have electronic shifting back in the 90′s?? No I don’t think that was really around. Did you know a Di2 internal battery alone retails for $160? You’re not buying AAA’s at Ralphs. How about tires?? Go ahead and ride on some 90′s tires–I’ll be faster than you on my S-Works Turbos just coasting along! Sure, bikes these days still have all the basic components, two wheels, handlebars, a saddle…but that doesn’t mean they’re going to cost the same!

Bob - 07/31/14 - 11:27pm

All of you that are complaining about how expensive highend bikes are, SHUT UP. THEY ARE PRICED AT THAT PRICE FOR A REASON. YOU DONT WANT AN SWORKS TARMAC CUZ ITS “TOO EXPENSIVE” THEN GET THE 105 SPEC. DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT AFFORD IT. But seriously guys, dillon has a point. Highend bikes are made out of carbon which is like gold compared to alloy and also the production process of the frames etc is much more expensive because of the carbon layup and what not. THAT BEING SAID, I myself do think the prices are TAD high these days.. But thats only because i cant afford an sworks venge and i want one really badly, thats what everyone in this comment section is doing (not everyone but most ppl) theyre complaining out of jealousy to rich people or just downright frustration that they dont have the money to buy such expensive bikes. BTW dont buy a complete bike from specialized. Period. Get a frame and build it up with the components YOU want and/or can afford. Thnx for reading :)

CausalCyclist - 08/07/14 - 4:11pm

Three words: Trickle down technology….benefits the majority of us by far when they come out with new technologies on the incredibly expensive bikes. I have a friend who works part time in a shop (they don’t sell specialized either!) and has told me the mark up on bikes is ridiculous. The only bike listed here that seems utterly insane is the $8000 Allez. $8K for an aluminum bike??? I understand its one of the top 3 alloy bikes made but even with Di2 that seems really high.

ted - 08/11/14 - 7:59pm

Any chance you might have some additional pics of the 2015 roubaix frame colors? looking for a better pic of the White Pro UI2 hydro model (better than what the local bike shop currently has)