Strap-ID makes your medical information easily accessible to first responders

Strap ID Helmet First Responder InformationThe Strap-ID is a simple identification tag that attaches to your helmet strap. It stores up to six lines of text and gives first responders ready access to all the information they made need to save your life in the event of an emergency.

Unlike the Road ID bracelet (reviewed here), there’s very little potential for you to forget to wear this piece of identification, unless for some reason you’re riding without your helmet.

Strap-IDs installationThe Strap-ID is a two piece clip. To install, you tuck the strap into the carrier and slide the top piece into place.Strap ID Example

Custom Strap-IDs retail for $20 and can have up to six lines of text, with up to 22 characters per line (including spaces). All text is centered and in caps. Custom Strap ID Tag for Conference
You can also contact the company if you’re interested in doing customized clips for an event.

Strap-ID

Comments

Mauricio - 05/09/14 - 2:35pm

This is a great product! I have had one for months now with zero issues! I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Mr. P - 05/09/14 - 2:49pm

Great idea and placement.

Black fingernail in pic = foreshadowing? lol.

May we buy it and never use it.

P

iperov - 05/09/14 - 3:07pm

good if you want to be a donor after death

Mindless - 05/09/14 - 3:26pm

I do want to be a donor after death. And why not?

Collin S - 05/09/14 - 3:32pm

How soft of plastic is it? A local racer nearly died/bled out when among other things, his helmet strap was too loose and during a very violent crash, the nylon strap put a huge gash in his neck.

Brent - 05/09/14 - 3:35pm

Works just like it was designed to! I haven’t thought about this thing after getting one for both my helmets and haven’t left home without ID since! Get one… Or two!

Bob - 05/09/14 - 3:40pm

Interesting product, too pricey, and with 4 bike & 2 motorcycle helmets not for me. Accidents can happen anytime, not just when biking. And If they don’t notice it on the strap and set your helmet aside it’s no good. I’ll take the advantage of the interactive Road ID FIXX that I wear all the time over this any day.

Blood donor now & organ donor when I don’t need them anymore. Everyone should be.

John - 05/09/14 - 4:11pm

I have one and it moves from helmet to helmet with great ease. Hospitals want to see your helmet after a crash so they can asses possible head injures. Best part is I can not stand a bracelet when I am on the bike. Also I don’t even know it is there!

RC - 05/09/14 - 4:26pm

Wouldnt a label somewhere on your helmet do the same thing for close to free? That idea just occurred to me, but I think I am going to put all this info on printed labels attached somewhere to my helmets.

Jack Sawyer - 05/09/14 - 4:32pm

Just order a replacement RoadID and thread it through your strap. I’ve been doing this for years on my Giro helmets. AND, the replacement is only $16.99.

Doug B - 05/09/14 - 4:40pm

Had a roadID slim for years, almost never take it off. Ride, run, drive, climb, hike and its always with me, not stuck on some item of gear.

Gunnstein - 05/09/14 - 5:17pm

Nice, might get this one. But the sticker idea is even better, just make it in a bright colour so it’s noticed.

Not being an organ donor is perhaps the ultimate form of egoism. Wanting to hold on to your organs when there is no “you” anymore. Not wanting to give away something that costs you nothing, to someone for whom it may mean everything. Senseless.

Saris Mercanti - 05/09/14 - 5:49pm

@RC & Gunnstein

The TLD A1 Trail helmet actually comes with a label with fields for all of your important information. I haven’t filled mine out yet, but I really should.

- Saris

Antipodean_G - 05/09/14 - 5:57pm

Anything like this is a brilliant idea. My only question… in the case of a serious accident, one wants to try not to move the head in case of a spinal break. Sometimes this means keeping a helmet on until trained crew arrive and then the helmet gets taken off and placed to the side. What’s the chance of the tag being missed? I like my RoadID, as the hand is always movable.

Dirk Bergstrom - 05/09/14 - 8:10pm

I believe that emergency workers are trained to look for ID & medic-alert tags on the wrists or on necklaces, so I prefer to wear a RoadID bracelet. I originally had my RoadID on a shoe tag, but I realized that it was quite unlikely that anyone would look there. Putting a tag on the helmet strap isn’t a bad idea, and it’s better than not having a tag, but the “usual” location is better.

Phil - 05/09/14 - 9:27pm

Bad idea! What good is the information on a helmet strap when first responder are not trained to look for information there? a ICE contact on a phone is more likely to be seen. ID’a are only useful if other can find them.

James - 05/10/14 - 2:28am

I use ICEstripe bracelet (same thing as roadid) and find it a perfect solution. Can wear it on a bike or off the bike, running, hiking, etc. It also looks good, much better solution than this in my opinion. And you can take it off when you want.

Ajax - 05/10/14 - 9:06am

EMS will totally miss this tag when they pull your body off the ground. Even if they see the tag, do you want them to donate all your organs if you were just borrowing your friends helmet that day?

Bob - 05/10/14 - 1:08pm

The problem with an ICE on a cell is most people lock their phones. Will your phone work after being hit? Besides I do not always have my phone with me. Always wear my FIXX or Slim Wrist. I am not against this product but better options are out there. With the interactive ALL my blood type, medical, insurance and contact information is just a phone call away for first responders.

Tim A - 05/11/14 - 8:36am

Ajax,

Exactly how much helmet swapping/organ theft goes on in your neck of the woods?

Jason - 05/12/14 - 10:46am

I just have RideID as the background for my locked phone – has all important numbers, medical information and personal info. It’s also free.

Cliff - 05/12/14 - 11:10am

I wear my dog tags 24-7 and to have the little extra peace of mind that I have my information on my helmet is worth it to me.

Psi Squared - 05/12/14 - 2:00pm

My RoadID has been on my wrist 24/7 for over 4 years, except for two short instances when I had to replace the band. I like that my wrist is one place that I know EMS will look and that EMS and a hospital will have detailed medical and personal info at their disposal via phone or computer. As an ex-paramedic, I know from experience having that information available can be critical.