Found: Nanotips Paint Makes Any Cycling Gloves Touchscreen Compatible

Nanotips paint makes any cycling glove touchscreen compatible

Nanotips just wrapped up a very successful crowdfunding campaign, and now their conductive nano-particle paint is ready to turn your favorite cycling gloves into touchscreen friendly hand coverings.

Two versions are available, one for leather and thicker materials like rubber, and one for cloth fabrics. Simply paint it onto the first knuckle’s worth of glove, let it dry, and *boom* touchscreen compatibility. Each little bottle retails for $20 and will coat 20 to 30 fingers depending on material and version. Once dry, it’s washable and durable, and can be reapplied as needed. Swipe down for video and more…

Nanotips paint makes any cycling glove touchscreen compatible

Nanotips Blue is for porous fabrics and lasts a couple weeks per application. Nanotips Black is for thicker materials like leather and lasts a couple months before reapplication might be needed. Actual mileage may vary, we’re thinking if it’s on your brake lever finger it might wear a bit quicker.

The Blue version dries to a mostly-transparent blue shade that they say won’t discolor the fabric too much, but lighter colored textiles will be more obvious. They say it doesn’t change the feel or texture of the fabric, though.

Both versions are available for preorder and should ship around March 20, 2014.

NanoTipsGloves.com

Comments

mrazekan - 03/04/14 - 12:56pm

Finally! I tried weaving carbon fibers into the tips of my gloves once. It really worked but installation was a pain and the fibers worked their way out easily and quickly. I am looking forward to trying this.

Gabe - 03/04/14 - 1:11pm

That’s a great idea but my first impression is that it should last longer than a few weeks per application. For someone who rides every day in full finger gloves what happens after a year’s worth of applications? Will it build up thick? Should I just buy gloves that are touch compatible?

Its a great idea for a retrofit and I’m going to try it on my existing gloves. I can see it being useful for my current gloves that are not touch compatible but it’s likely that my next gloves will be future proofed.

Marcassin - 03/04/14 - 1:47pm

I have a solution: Nokia Lumia.

I don’t want to troll or to mock the two major smart-phone platforms but let’s be honest. If touchscreen sensitivity with gloves is a priority for you the Lumia’s are the choice of reason.

It works with regular gloves, not just special gloves but ANY gloves, and it works with extreme temperature.

Dave - 03/04/14 - 2:28pm

Gee, all of my gloves work fine on touch screens once there’s a bit of salt and sweat soaked into the fingertips.

Clay - 03/04/14 - 2:44pm

Spit works too.

j - 03/04/14 - 3:23pm

You can pick up conductive thread from Amazon, ebay, etc. and sew a few strands in. Depending on the lifespan of this paint may be a longer lasting option.

Alexandre P - 03/05/14 - 9:09am

I usually just use my nose. I would also do that with my iPod back then but to be fair, it sort of limits the visibility and accuracy. But this product sounds great. Might actually beat my iNose.

sean - 03/07/14 - 1:08am

I wonder if this would work on outdry gloves that are meant to resist any liquid from entering?