Go Anywhere, Do anything With New Canfield Brothers Balance 27.5″ MTB
Canfield Brothers is a mountain bike specific manufacturer that has always thought a little bit outside the box. For their first foray into the new 27.5″ market, they’ve introduced an all mountain bruiser capable of doing anything you could dare to put it through.
The bike features 160mm of travel, and will be available in four sizes. At 66 degrees with an external headset, the frame should be slack enough to appease all but the fastest keyboard jockeys, and the sub 17″ chainstays and .22′ BB drop are also good preliminary indicators that the bike will handle well.
The frame also utilized 15mm pivot bearings throughout, which should keep maintenance intervals few and far between.
The frame will be available in only anodized black with laser etched graphics or the brushed aluminum pictured above, but you will have your choice of six different anodized link colors. The new frame is utilizing a patend pending dual link design they’ve dubbed Formula. More info to follow soon here.
Pricing is set at $2,100 and they’re taking pre-orders here, but frames won’t start shipping till June 2014.
- 6061 aluminum
- Patent pending Canfield Balance Formula Suspension
- 27.5”/26” compatible
- 160mm travel
- 200mm x 57mm Cane Creek Double Barrel Air included
- 142 x 12mm Maxle rear axle
- Tapered headtube
- 15mm pivot max bearings
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- Available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- Cane Creek Double Barrel DB Air CS included
- Shock Specs – 200mm x 57mm, (22mm x 8mm hardware)
- Recommend fork length – 160mm- 170mm
- Headset – Tapered 44mm upper/49.6mm lower
- Front derailleur – Shimano direct mount – top pull/single bolt, or Sram HO series
- Bottom bracket – 73mm
- Seatpost – 30.9mm
- Seatpost clamp – 35mm
- Rear dropout – 142mm x 12mm Maxle
- ISCG tabs
- Post brake mount