MEASURE OUT AN UPGRADE WITH QUARQ’S POWER METER UPGRADE PROGRAM
If you’re the owner of an older Quarq power meter and have been eying an upgrade to the latest technology, now’s your chance to get it done at a reduced price. Thanks to Quarq’s upgrade program, owners of Quarq CinQo Saturn and SRAM S975 power meters can trade in their current cranks for the new Quarq Elsa 10R, SRAM Red, Red 22, or Riken 10R power meters and pay only $899.99 for the upgrade ($699.99 for the Riken 10R). What’s the fine print? There really isn’t much, just that you have to trade in your current crank and pay the upgrade cost plus shipping. Cranks must first be sent into Quarq’s Spearfish, SD customer service center after you visit your local SRAM or Quarq dealer and arrange an RMA. The fact that you can request a different bottom bracket standard or chainring set up is a nice touch, meaning the upgrade opportunity is for more than just the electronics.
Already running the new power numbers in your head? Details on how to upgrade next.
Quarq’s Upgrade Process
You must return your power meter to Quarq customer service in Spearfish, SD*. Once received, we will ship you your choice of current model power meter. Prices and models shown above.
- Visit a SRAM or Quarq dealer in the USA or contact Quarq customer service to set up your return and the purchase of your new power meter.
- A credit card payment must be made at the time of the order.
- You will be sent an RMA number by email. This must be included with the power meter being returned.
- You MUST send back the power meter spider. Remove any other parts you want to keep because the old power meter will be crushed and recycled. e.g. Chainrings, crank arms, bottom bracket, pedals.
- Your new power meter will come completely assembled with crank arms and chainrings. No bottom bracket will be included, but you can buy one at the same time.
- The new power meter will be shipped using UPS and this will be added to the upgrade cost. The new power meter will not be shipped until we receive your old power meter.
* This program is available to customers worldwide. Customers outside the USA will be responsible for applicable shipping, import taxes and customs duties. Regional return and purchase options are available in the United Kingdom and Europe from February 5. See this document for more. (PDF, 849 KB).
Contact Quarq on 800-660-6853 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to a small glitch in the machine, we lost a bunch of posts and all the comments associated with them in the past day and a half. We have worked hard to restore all that we could, but if you comment is not showing, please note that it is likely due to the website error. We apologize for the inconvenience.