Found: Cycloc Bicycle Storage Shelf

Yesterday we featured the Cactus Tongue bike shelf.  Our reader and commenter Milessio pointed out that a similar product exists by a company called Cycloc.  The Cycloc Solo is made from 100% recycled materials and should have a plastic feel to it.  It can hold bikes in either a vertical or horizontal position, and it accommodates a tube diameter up to 65mm.  It will fit traditional round tubes, as well as shaped tubing.  The device is fixed to the wall using three anchor points, and while no weight limit is specified, if anchored correctly it should hold most bicycles without issue.  A pass through is present so that your bike can be locked to the Solo.  Should you have a wide bar, an optional spacer is included.  As you can see by the above video, this thing can hold pretty much any bike you own, despite its size and shape.  It’s not exactly the cheapest option on the market with an MSRP of £59.95 (about $98.95).  However, It does come in a variety of pretty colors to match your decor.

Comments

iperov - 01/26/14 - 9:38am

$100 for piece of plastic? no thanks

Scott - 01/26/14 - 10:04am

One of my co-workers wanted to stock these. We were like $100 retail umm ya no.

glopezz05 - 01/26/14 - 10:09am

We did stock these and yeah… they just sit there. No one wants to buy them and they’re now on sale just to get them out the door.

Adrian - 01/26/14 - 10:13am

This 2×4 bikerack cost me less than 20 bucks.

Contractor friend with power tools not included.

Evanstonian - 01/26/14 - 11:28am

I looked into one of these some years ago. It won’t work well with oversized top tubes. And “cactus tongue” does not place bikes in a position that is pleasing to the eyes (crooked if hung from top tube or wheels away from the wall, if hung from the handlebar). I found, for the apartments I have lived in, one of those free standing posts with cradles for two bikes works best, e.g, the Topeak Dual Touch. Some years ago I found a white one, from Minoura, which is more discrete against white wall than a black post.

mudrock - 01/26/14 - 12:14pm

Very clever design. Like it, and it’s worth the money. Anyone who owns a carbon frame should not be complaining about the price of plastic.

ms - 01/26/14 - 12:44pm

What’s wrong with using the $5 hooks that you can get anywhere? Even Park sells them. Cheap and effective.

topmounter - 01/26/14 - 5:28pm

It’s too asymmetrical and the tupperware aesthetic is not endearing.

dude - 01/26/14 - 6:46pm

I have 3 of these, they work great and look great as well. I have oversized tubes and the lot and never had an issue.

Jeff - 01/26/14 - 8:04pm

god that dude in the video has hairy arms… BTW that plastic cost is probably 2 bucks. tooling is not cheap….

ve - 01/26/14 - 8:10pm

Tooling isn’t cheap, but it would have probably been paid off in less than one gross at that price.

Speedware - 01/27/14 - 2:20am

I think the Cycloc is a ugly and borring part.

Take a look at Mikili Bicycle Furnitre

Expensive but nice

BIKELEPTIC - 01/27/14 - 12:18pm

At this point, I don’t care how “pretty” it is (well, those wood Mikili ones are nice, and I’ve seen several other variations by other artisans) after years of having a gravity stand in my living room or kitchen (put a yoga mat under it or similar wipeable surface. Best advice I could give you ever.) All I can think about storing bikes indoor is dripping wet bikes. And not in a good way. And tire marks on the wall – because the handlebars never stay straight like they do in advertisements. You bump them or need to tilt them for space. And grime. And snagging clothes on pedals. However, you do have a built-in “work stand” in your place. BONUS!

Wangster - 01/27/14 - 3:27pm

The cycloc is probably one of the ugliest and most over priced bike hanger out there. I got the Bike Valet off kickstarter a couple years ago because while pricey, it looks great and does the same thing as both the cycloc and cactus tongue.