The 2014 edition of the Consumer Electronics Show is here, and with it comes the latest generation of wearable and bikeable tech. It seems that motion equipped heart rate monitors will be a big feature this year with Scosche and Wahoo showing their hand. Not only do motion based algorithms allow for improved calorie tracking from your exercise, but in the case of Wahoo the heart rate monitors are able to record acceleration, and even provide feedback on running form. Compatible with both Bluetooth Smart and ANT+, the straps are aimed at both running and cycling and provides useful training guidance with Wahoo’s Burn and Burst training app.
The HR straps will retail for $60-100 and will be available in the first half of 2014. More after the break.
TICKR – Heart Rate
- Dual band heart rate with ANT+ and BLE
TICKR Run – Heart Rate / Running Motion Analytics
- Treadmill Mode tracks speed and distance while on a treadmill
- Wahoo Running Smoothness™ tracks running form and efficiency
TICKR X – Use with Any Sport / Memory / Post Workout Syncing
- Motion analytics measures variety of motion from repetitions to swim laps to cross-training to cycling
- Workout now, sync later: Memory allows users to workout without a smartphone and auto-sync later