Mad Fiber Wheels Files for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Mad Fiber Wheels Files for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

After shutting down manufacturing operations in October, Bicycle Retailer is reporting that the Divine Cycling Group has filed bankruptcy for Mad Fiber wheels through their DCG wheel division. The shutdown comes after DCG’s issues with both Blue Competition cycles, and Serotta Frameworks. The bankruptcy filing leaves a lot of creditors unsecured, with a hearing set for later this month. For more on the story check out BRAIN.

Comments

barrierhero - 12/20/13 - 11:08am

Who’d a thunk it?!?!

gravity - 12/20/13 - 11:16am

Is there any company that Devine has touched that they haven’t completely destroyed?

Edward - 12/20/13 - 11:26am

Since they’ve gone for liquidation (Chapter 7) instead of reorganization, be on the lookout for some seriously discounted wheels.

Miami - 12/20/13 - 12:26pm

^ wheels that carry absolutely no warranty.

OnePercenter - 12/20/13 - 1:06pm

Glad I unloaded my Mad Fibers as soon as the generation two wheels were released. Further glad I unloaded them before the bankruptcy was announced!

Jon - 12/20/13 - 1:30pm

Saw sets of their wheels at the Hotter Than Hell one time. Pretty interesting designs but bankruptcy is never a nice thing for a company. I doesn’t limit the wheel options much, just the style/design.

Seraph - 12/20/13 - 1:59pm

So we still have some for sale if anyone wants them…no warranty but they are still awesome wheels. E-mail info@bicisportusa.com if anyone’s interested.

harrochan - 12/20/13 - 6:07pm

I’d buy some warranty less mad fibers for $200

Star - 12/21/13 - 12:23am

I am not that pessimistic, I would roll the dice on the newer clinchers, without service or warrantee, for $700. The peeps, I know LOVE them! Perhaps, the technology will see itself come back around. I searched for the proverbial “the wheels just came apart or a stick got stuck in the spokes and they exploded” video and could not find one…

syj - 12/21/13 - 12:24pm

Devine has an interesting business model: scoop up established cycling company in need of capital, lay off workforce and/or alienate customer base, close company.

Even stranger is that a chapter 7 filing means no assets for aspiring Gordon Gecko Devine to strip.

HumanReason - 12/22/13 - 9:29pm

I’m hoping to be able to grab a set of these for cheap hopefully through all this. Warranty or not I’ve just wanted a set since they came out.