Set the Trail on Fire with Niner’s New Blaze Yellow SIR and One 9 RDO
If the previous colors offered for Niner’s frames were a little too tame for you, get ready to stand out in the woods with the new Blaze Yellow color way. Offering up two new models that would fit right in to our Hi Viz Interbike roundup, Niner’s Blaze Yellow SIR 9 and One 9 RDO are the newest options in their line up. Add in 1x and single speed capabilities with Niner’s renowned ride and you have the makings for some really bright bikes.
Check out the Trailblazers after the jump.
In addition to the Tamale Red SIR 9 shown at the new frame’s launch, the steel Niner will also be offered in Arctic White if the Blaze Yellow isn’t your thing. Using the same proprietary tubeset that was introduced with the bike, the SIR 9 uses a Reynold’s 853 DZB (double zone butting) front triangle to offer fork clearance and plenty of strength. A 44mm Reynolds 631 head tube offers plenty of fork options while the 142x12mm dropouts and Niner Biocentric II BB system allow for clean single speed or geared use.
SIR 9 Specs:
- 73mm BB width (with EBB installed)
- BioCentric EBB is compatible with external bearing cranksets only
- 27.2mm seat post size, 400mm length recommended
- 28.6mm front derailleur, high mount, bottom pull
- 29.6mm seat collar size
- Tapered headset with internal (ZS) top cup and 1.5” external bottom cup (included with frame). Cane Creek standard description: ZS44/28.6|EC44/40
- Small has one bottle mount in the front triangle. Medium, large and XL have two bottle mounts inside the front triangle
- Replaceable derailleur hanger or SS insert
- 142 x 12mm Maxle rear spacing
- Can fit up to a 2.4” tire (tire size varies by brand, some tires may not fit)
- Compatible with standard 3x chainring systems
- SRAM recommended 2x front chainring configs: 26/39 or lower
- SHIMANO XT recommended 2x front chainring configs: 28/40 or lower
- Shimano XTR double cranks have a non-standard chainline and are not recommended
- Max 1x chainring size 30T with BioCentric II in rear position – Max 36T with BioCentric II in forward position.
- Max 1x chainring size 34T with CYA Insert
At the high end of the carbon spectrum, the One 9 RDO stands out and not just because of the eye searing paint. Also equipped with the Niner Biocentric II BB system the One 9 is the one frame for single speed, and 1xwhatever with Niner’s CYA inserts for standard mountain bike cranks. Compatible with 80-100mm forks in the tapered head tube, the One 9 frames have an average weight of 1235g. The One 9 RDO is offered in Atomic Blue in addition to the Blaze yellow.
ONE 9 RDO Specs:
- 73mm BB width (with BioCentric II or CYA installed)
- BioCentric II is compatible with external bearing cranksets only
- CYA Inserts are available to fit all common crankset standards
- 31.6mm seat post size, 400mm length recommended
- 34.9mm seat collar size
- 1.125”-1.5” tapered head tube with integrated (Campy style) headset (headset included) Cane Creek standard description: IS42/28.6|IS52/40
- All sizes have two bottle mounts inside the front triangle
- Protective 3M tape under DT
- Integrated aluminum head badge for internal, full-housing cable routing
- 142 x 12mm Maxle rear spacing
- Can fit up to a 2.35” tire (tire size varies by brand, some tires may not fit)
- Max 1x chainring size 28T with BioCentric II in rear position – Max 36T with BioCentric II in forward position.
- Max 1x chainring size 32T with CYA Insert
Both bikes are offered as frames or complete builds with the SIR 9 retailing for $999 for the frame, $2,699 for the two star SLX/Deore build, $2,899 for the two star Single speed Build, and $3,999 for the four star X01 build. The One 9 RDO will sell for $2,149 for the frame, $3,499 for the two star single speed build, $4,699 for the four star X01 build, and $5,899 for the five star XX1 build.
Check out Niner’s latest how-to video for more details on the Biocentric II bottom bracket system.