26 Ain’t Dead by Cotic Bikes

Just when you think everyone has given up on the lowly 26″ wheel, Cotic bikes reminds us that 26 ain’t dead with an awesome little clip from Steel City Media.

Details after the jump.

From Cotic Bikes:

To celebrate the arrival of our new 2014 colour 26″ hardtails, check out the latest Cotic video from Steel City Media showing why 26″ wheels are ace. The BFe is the first frame to get our new Black Grape colour, which is a fantastic deep purple gloss. It is now available alongside the Gloss Bright Green (as shown in the film) and Matte Gritstone. Our legendary Soul frame is now available in subtle Gritstone, as well as Duckegg.

Order yours for delivery on Friday https://www.cotic.co.uk/order

Because our new colours are coming in this week, we’ve got Gloss Bright Orange and Gloss Bright Green Soul frames on sale for just £375 whilst stocks last. Catch ‘em while you can. Deals also available on complete bikes, forks and rolling chassis.

We’re also running a competition; to be in with a chance of winning one of five “26 ain’t dead T shirts” as worn by Craig in the film, share this Facebook and like the Cotic Facebook page. We’ll pick winners on Wednesday December 11th, so you’ve got a week!

Comments

professor - 12/03/13 - 2:09pm

I have experience with all three sizes and have been mountain biking since 1995. 27.5 and 29″ wheels didn’t put any bigger of a smile on my face than a good old 26″. I’m sticking to 26″ because it is all about having fun.

Julio - 12/03/13 - 2:12pm

That trail would be so much more fun on a 27.5″…

Jak0zilla - 12/03/13 - 2:21pm

Ssshhh! We’re supposed to have a resurgence of “26′ers” after 27.5 and 29 have reached their maximum number of likely units sold. I predict this will be in 2-3 years – don’t spoil it by leaking it early!

Jak0zilla - 12/03/13 - 2:23pm

Not to mention the ultra-secret 28′er test rigs. Or the 30′ers!

psucmyphuk - 12/03/13 - 2:27pm

you know i never have fun when i mountain bike anymore. maybe its because i have a 27.5 wheeled bike? huh….thanks for the insight professor…

vectorbug - 12/03/13 - 2:37pm

Is anyone else also stoked to go ride in a long sleeve turtle neck and jeans?

EpicThroatBeard - 12/03/13 - 2:44pm

The hidden clip they will release later is of that guy’s sister hunting hi down on her 97′er to get her jeans back.

that was good ripping!

Stump - 12/03/13 - 4:54pm

26″ and nothing else !!!
Everything else is marketing bull$$$T.

PBJoe - 12/03/13 - 5:44pm

26 and a hardtail? But marketing says it’s impossible to even ride that anymore…

henrik - 12/03/13 - 6:41pm

Hot damn!!!

Bunyip - 12/03/13 - 10:09pm

and whats all this 1×11 nonsense? give me a good 3×8. wins all day

MulletRacer - 12/03/13 - 10:41pm

SO RAD. I would ride the piss out of a AMHT 26er. Same with 650B AMHT. Plan to braze my own 650 in the coming months. Ride a 29er AMHT right now.

ALL ARE FUN! Just different!

Ham Banana Jammer - 12/03/13 - 11:38pm

Why are you anti-marketing people reading bikerumor? P.S. 29ers RULE!

MTBP - 12/04/13 - 3:53am

Groomed trails and skinny jeans… Yeah, yeah, it’s like BMX in the woods for kids in their 20s. Why not 24″, 26 is all marketing and hype!

When you have to ride the whole mt. that includes rocky trails, bigger wheels make more sense. I don’t see any of you saying, “Oh my old tiny flip phone will do, no need for bigger screens and smart phones cause it’s all hype!”

Ride what ya like and quit whining about it!

Brian - 12/04/13 - 4:49am

I like his style on a bike and the music fits the style perfectly :)

nobby nic - 12/04/13 - 5:33am

If they weren’t launching a new 26er, they wouldn’t of spent a single pound on this video.
They released a ripping 29er hardtail video when they launched their 9er.
—> http://www.pinkbike.com/video/302577/

MikeC - 12/04/13 - 9:02am

Hate to tell y’all, but 26 is a super trendy tire size right now… just in widths around 3.5″ and up…

professor - 12/04/13 - 9:20am

psucmyphuk – I never said that I didn’t have fun on the other wheel sizes. My point is that neither one improved my experience enough to justify the investment or abandon 26″. This is my experience. If 27.5 works for you then I’m happy for you.

King County - 12/04/13 - 10:06am

Thinking of all the bike changes, I cannot help but recall a photo of a man that did every Leadville 100 on the same bike; a hardtail, with a modest suspension fork, and cantilever brakes, (not V brakes!). It may have been a steel frame.

Padrote - 12/04/13 - 12:24pm

arguing about wheel sizes ain’t dead. but I wish it was

Jim - 12/06/13 - 12:57pm

“Why are you anti-marketing people reading bikerumor?”

post of the year