Strava Route Builder Now Available to All Members, Helps Find Best Local Rides

Strava Route Builder now free for all members

Introduced in August as a feature for premium members, Strava’s Route Builder is now available to those using free memberships, too.

Route Builder lets you tap into popular local rides, segments and trails and create your own ride based on your desired time, mileage and/or elevation gain. Yep, elevation. Just turn on the Min Elevation switch and it’ll help flatten out the ride for you. As you start mapping out the ride, it’ll give you an estimated ride time as well as showing mileage.

When you’re done, export it to your compatible GPS cycling computer to guide you on the route. Or, just print the map and cue sheet with turn by turn directions. You can also save, star and share routes with others.

Comments

Chris - 10/11/13 - 3:01pm

Awesome.

Robo - 10/11/13 - 3:25pm

See, this is more like it. No completely flat or descending “KOM’s” for people too scared to actually enter a bike race to bitch over. This is pretty cool and useful.

off-roadie - 10/11/13 - 4:09pm

I really should have read the owners manual for my premium membership…I didn’t even know this existed. I’m excited to try it!

Mindless - 10/11/13 - 5:17pm

RidewithGPS does it better, for some time, and is not populated by Stravaholes.

Jake - 10/11/13 - 8:43pm

I agree with Mindless. The group of people I ride with and also the club I belong to have been using ride with gps for some time and it is great. Free and simple! Try it and you will agree.

NoBodyMan - 10/12/13 - 6:19pm

Sprints down Market St. #BADIDEA

Alan - 10/13/13 - 5:37am

I can’t be the only one who’d like to see the option to MAX out the elevation, instead of just choosing the flattest routes? This is Strava, not bikeroutesforgranny.com

patrik - 10/14/13 - 10:27pm

Strava themselves make it harder and harder to justify paying for a premium membership. Pretty soon all the $49/yr will get you is the little [deleted] Premium icon next to your avatar. Lame.

paul rago - 10/23/13 - 10:46am

agreed — ridewithgps FTW! Been using it for years, it’s the best of the various tools out there that do this same thing.

Mike - 12/26/13 - 2:12pm

How do you access routes?! I cant find them anywhere?