Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits & Pieces
- You’ll have to find somewhere else to wear your Duck Dynasty and Mr. Blobby halloween kits this year, Rollapaluza has cancelled the Knog Muddy Hell Cyclocross race on October 26th due to lack of funding. We’re going to miss seeing photos from the event, but you can watch the video (above) from last year and hold on ’til they get it together for next year.
- The Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show is this weekend, September 28-29th, in Portland, OR. Tickets are only $10 at the door.
- There’s a growing interest in the bicycle insurance segment since Velosurance came around. Now, Markel Corp also offers insurance for your bicycles and gear.
- Enter to win the same bike as Mr. H’s BMC KOM Killer: A 2014 BMC Team Machine SLR01 (in your size) from Peloton Magazine here or here, by subscribing, or follow and mention @pelotonmagazine on twitter and include #mrhkomkiller. Winner will be announced on Twitter and FB on October 20th.
- Cycology has three new t-shirt designs: Bike Brain, Art of Bike Maintenance, and Save the World.
Colorado 2013 Flood Relief Roundup:
- Endurance Conspiracy (t-shirt design), Econscious (t-shirts), and Goodbye Blue Monday (screen printer in Boulder, CO) have teamed up to offer a limited edition t-shirt design with all proceeds to benefit flood relief in Boulder and the Colorado Front Range.
- Castelli is offering a Colorado Drop Jersey with all proceeds benefitting the United Way’s Foothills Relief Fund.
- Donors (of $5 and more) to the Colorado Relief Fund can email their receipt to Polar Bottle and will receive a free Colorado Flag Polar Bottle added to their next order.
- Headsweats is giving 50% of proceeds from their Colorado Flood Relief Collection to the American Red Cross.
- Want to do more? visit HelpColoradoNow.org