In the Wild: Fox Shrinks CTD Remote Lockout Lever – Updated!

2014 Fox CTD remote shock lockout lever gets smaller

Earlier this year, Fox quietly released a revised version of their massive mechanical CTD lockout lever, giving it a much more compact form factor.

We spotted this one hooked up to a Fox fork and shock and, while it’s not branded, this is the new, smaller remote. It has a two position lever to move it from Descend to Trail to Climb. The black release lever pops it all the back up to Descend.

UPDATE: Fox just informed us the remote is compatible with 2013 shocks, but not forks. It should work with all ’14 products.

More pics below…

2014 Fox CTD remote shock lockout lever gets smaller

This shows full depression to Climb mode; note the detent in the middle for Trail mode.

2014 Fox CTD remote shock lockout lever gets smaller

There’s one adjustment bezel inline between a cable splitter, and a second bezel after that for the rear shock.

The lever is not compatible with 2013 shocks and forks due to a different pull ratio. No official word on whether Fox is working on a similar lever for their DOSS dropper post, but keep your fingers crossed.

Comments

Seraph - 07/26/13 - 1:55pm

This is an improvement. Nice effort. Hopefully they make the DOSS lever look similar.

Ripnshread - 07/26/13 - 2:17pm

Better, but still seems like a cow catcher.

Andy - 07/26/13 - 2:35pm

I’m sure this was leaked somewhere else a while back. Apparently DOSS pull ratio is different so this lever doesn’t work with that.

Colin - 07/26/13 - 2:42pm

I don’t know if my thumbs are long enough to use that thing

Hami - 07/26/13 - 2:53pm

The old lever works great on my 1×10. Right hand controls gears, left for shock. The same operation uses the muscle memory i have had for years.

Jeff - 07/26/13 - 2:54pm

The frame that the bike is on could be of more interest. Is that a new Pivot 29er (529 maybe)? I can’t make out all the numbers, but it doesn’t appear to be a 429.

David French - 07/26/13 - 3:42pm

This lever just looks clumsy. Compare it to Rock Shox’s hydraulic lever for example, which in addition to flawless function and ergonomics, looks good and matches with their lever for the Reverb. In fact once you have the gear levers, brakes, Reverb and lockout lever all nicely integrated into the single clamp it just looks the money! This does not. Try again!

Saris - 07/26/13 - 3:48pm

@David French

While the integrated SRAM cramp looks money, I find that it puts the controls in the wrong place.

MMyers - 07/26/13 - 7:04pm

Plus you have to use Avid brakes.

No thanks.

Sebastian Cristoffanini - 07/26/13 - 8:53pm

Jeff, that bike is not a Pivot, it look like a BH, you can actually see the “H” in the first picture.

Seth - 07/26/13 - 10:27pm

ummm it’s made by Fox…..nothing more to say besides warranty. Utter crap

endurobob - 07/27/13 - 12:11am

@ Jeff,

That looks a bit more like the new BH 29er to me…

MissedThePoint - 07/27/13 - 6:13am

Waiting on electronic everything. No levers, just buttons.

David French - 07/27/13 - 6:43am

@Saris… I was just having a conversation with a colleague about that. I wonder if you could run the lever under the bars instead if you wanted like some people do with Reverb anyway?

Matt Holland - 07/27/13 - 4:37pm

Its like they’ve never seen someone put their bike upside down before to take wheels out…

S - 07/28/13 - 2:59am

@Matt……Why can’t you just lay your bike down? That way it definitely can’t fall over. My mtb likes dirt for some reason. Does yours not?

ed - 07/28/13 - 6:07am

People said the old lever was ugly. It is a vision of beauty compared to this.

Derek Shiers - 01/02/14 - 4:32pm

I am seeing conflicting information on the web about the compatibility of the new lever and 2013 rear shocks. I just got off the phone with a representative at Fox who told me that I can not use the 2014 lever on the 2013 float shock. This contradicts the update above. Can anyone clarify?