Specialized Releases Limited Edition Frame in Honor of Cav’s 100th Win

Specialized S-Works Venge Cavendish Frameset

In honor of twenty seven year old Marc Cavendish’s 100th (and 101st!) UCI win, Specialized is releasing a limited edition Venge frameset. The frame comes on the heels of his back-to-back stage wins at the Giro d’Italia. In recent years, he has also claimed a world championship and the green jersey at the Tour de France.

The caVENGEdish frame will only be available through a select set of retailers and will set back potential owners $3,750 USD.

Specialized S-Works Cavendish Frame Details

The toptube is subtly adorned with several of Cav’s most notable victories and a reproduction of his signature can be found on very frame.

Comments

Nathan - 05/18/13 - 10:29am

Yet another excuse for fat rich guys who ride nothing like the pros to brag to fat rich friends.

Tinsloth - 05/18/13 - 11:52am

wow…somebody’s bitter. Mostly correct, but still sounding bitter. I think it looks awesome! a damn sight better than their stock paint schemes.

Ripnshread - 05/18/13 - 12:40pm

Is that a textured paintjob?

Ck - 05/18/13 - 12:45pm

I hope those are your words and they didn’t actually call it the caVENGEdish..

It’s a clean set of accents, I’m glad it’s not gaudy and overdone. Though the green clashes with his maglia rossa.

Sardinian rider - 05/18/13 - 1:35pm

….and suddendly your Mc Laren Venge feels like a 2007 Allez…..

Mindless - 05/18/13 - 1:36pm

Would be nice for a Starbucks run.

Jacob - 05/18/13 - 3:19pm

Looks nice but should have been red as it was wearing the maglia rossa he did it.

NASH - 05/18/13 - 3:21pm

Many pros have a signature frame, just because it is Specialized people think its sucks. I would love to have this frame built up and tested in their air tunnel with a large Starbucks coffee.

Kurt The Mechanic - 05/18/13 - 7:49pm

I think you mean a Venti Starbucks coffee. But we all know the Trenta Starbucks coffee(while bigger) is still more aero!

dale - 05/19/13 - 5:09am

I don’t care if fat pros buy it, I just want to ride one! Hell I want to ride all sexy new frames that come out.

Nathan, what is a good frame to you? Parlee, steel? What is the cool frame to have?

Psi Squared - 05/19/13 - 2:50pm

So, the (deleted) come out to complain about who might buy this bike, as if there are requirements that have to be met to buy a given bike. I’m willing to bet virtually everyone who’s ever posted here is riding a bike that could easily be replaced with something much less expensive and/or much less flashy. This should be one of those pot meets kettle moments for said (deleted).

NASH - 05/20/13 - 7:20am

@ Psi Squared, I have rode less expensive bikes, they are more expensive in the long run. I hope the irony of complaining about complainers is not lost on you.

Al Boneta - 05/20/13 - 11:33am

If I bought that I would hit that green pinstripe with a black magic marker

Matthew - 05/20/13 - 3:49pm

I’m sure the bike is as good as any other major manufacturer’s high end carbon bike. But in the day and age of dopers getting caught left and right, I’m not sure I want anyone’s name on my bike other than my own. Your hero today could be an international pariah tomorrow. Do you want to ride a dork-rocket celebrating a doper on your club ride?

wheelz - 05/20/13 - 4:33pm

@Matthew: couldn’t agree more. I still enjoy watching pro racing, but I don’t put any of them on a pedestal anymore. Regardless, wearing pro-kit or riding a signature frame is very dorky and non-pro looking (unless you are a pro!).

Clincher - 06/03/13 - 6:06am

Did i miss something, what is limited edition about it? the color!!

got it. the frame cost $300 dollar to make by Merida in China?? sold for $3,750 USD. U do the Maths.

Now i know how they can afford to pay Cav millions[ bear in mind he deserves it though]