If Steve Peat Was Your Dad

Steve Peats Sons SuperlightThis is what you’d ride. Santa Cruz Nickel in size extra grom, with a full XTR drivetrain, and Enve wheels and cockpit. Luckiest 8 year old in the world?

Comments

Matt - 05/16/13 - 1:57pm

I had a sweet Batman whip when I was 8…

satisFACTORYrider - 05/16/13 - 2:54pm

when i was eight i wished i was jackson goldstone when he was eight..

uglyyeti - 05/16/13 - 4:10pm

When I was 8 I had a 1977 Huffy Thunder Road 56. All the neighbor kids with the Thunder Road 42 were jealous of my full banana seat.

Wonder how that Santa Cruz would handle a plywood and cinder block ramp on blacktop, because the Thunder Road rocked it. Gloves and a helmet? Just Sears Toughskin jeans – because the worst thing that could happen to a kid in the 70′s was skinned knees.

Chicken Boo - 05/16/13 - 4:12pm

That bike is pretty lacking. The hand-me-down bike I had when I was that age had noise makers on all the spokes, shiny reflective tape, fake police siren on the handlebars, and the seat was half-chewed by a rat. That thing & I rode a groove into a loop around my house.

Max - 05/16/13 - 5:11pm

I mean, let’s be real. Santa Cruz is probably sitting on so many unsold nickels right now that I bet they didn’t just give Peaty this bike for free, they probably paid him to take it off their hands.

Ajax - 05/17/13 - 12:24am

If Steve Peat was my Dad, I’d be wondering who my Dad was.

plum - 05/17/13 - 12:00pm

Good job, you’ve successfully spoiled the (deleted) out an 8 year old, given him zero appreciation for the value spectrum of the cycling industry, and zero ability to relate to real world anything.

Jake - 05/20/13 - 9:13am

@Matt: Me too! This bike doesn’t have enough Batman. Or top-tube pads made out of foam pipe insulation.