Light & Motion’s Seca, Taz, Stella and Urban lights all get brighter, delivering more lumens per dollar and bringing the price points of the lower output models down, too.
Shown from left to right above, here’s what changes:
- The Stella goes from 300 to 500 lumens, price remains $149 w/ bar and helmet mounts.
- The Taz 800 bumps to 1,000 lumens, price stays at $249. There’s still a Taz 1,200 above it for $299.
- The Urban 700 is the new top model w/ 700 lumens. Price is $159 with both mounts, and the 200, 400 and 550 all remain in the line but will drop a bit in price.
- The big daddy Seca 1700 jumps to 2,000 lumens and gets a refined beam pattern and chromed heat sinks. Price is $469 with both mounts and the smaller race battery. The larger Enduro battery will push the system’s price to $549.
- Not shown, the Seca 800 jumps all the up to 1,500 lumens with a modest $30 price increase to $399.
More pics, plus the new rider friendly version of the SoLite, below…
Another view of the lights.
The SoLite 250 adds a larger battery and gets handlebar and helmet mounts. Cyclists have desired the SoLite’s compact bulb head but haven’t had the proper mounts to make it work until now. It’ll also have the headband mount shown here, making it perfect for getting around the campsite, too.