Cotic Solaris 29r Hardtail – Now Available in Small, Because Size Matters
Last year, the UK company Cotic, distilled the magic handling of their long travel 26″ hardtail into a wagon wheel sized package. This year, they’ve dialed in the fun for smaller riders as well. Those under 6′ (but over 5’5) rejoice! The new size small frames will be available in April and set you back £499.
Pop past the break for the geometry chart and specs…
The technical details:
- Large diameter, thinwall, air hardening Reynolds 853 steel front triangle with signature Ovalform top tube and new gussetless DZB down tube.
- 44mm standard head tube designed with external bottom cup for taper steerer compatiblity and zero stack top cup for minimal stack height.
- Oversized 35mm seat tube gives great precision to the ride.
- 31.6mm seatpost size is dropper seatpost compatible and the frame has hose clips for the remote under the top tube.
- Signature Cotic 4130 cromo wishbone stay rear end. Bridge-less S-bend chainstays with Cotic Hexten gussets for improved fatigue life.
- Clearance for big tyres – 2.4″ Maxxis Ardents fit fine.
- Geometry with commitment! Minimum 80mm travel forks or 470mm rigids. Handles great with 100mm sus forks, strong enough for up to 120mm travel.
- Cotic 29er geometry uses long top tube (10mm longer reach than the 26″ bikes), short stem set up (60-90mm stems recommended) maintains good weight distribution for great handling.
- Sizes – 16″ (new for 2013), 17.5″, 19″ and 20.5″. The frames are designed to be compact and chuckable.
- Weight – 4.9lbs for the 19″