- The Pros Closet is auctioning three GT Fury frames ridden by Gee Atherton, Rachel Atherton and Marc Beaumont at the 2012 World Championships in Austria to raise money for Wheels 4 Life – Hans Rey’s charity that provides bicycles to people in need of transportation in developing countries. Each frame comes with signed memorabilia from the rider, along with a letter of authenticity from Atherton Racing Team. Auction ends January 22nd.
- Blackberry Farm, a farm-to-table resort located in Eastern Tennessee, has announced their Spring Tour de Smokies for March 26-29th. This twice-yearly four day cycling and culinary event features rides with professional cyclist and training coach Robbie Ventura and former pro cyclist Jonathan Vaughters, educational seminars, and special wine-pairing meals for the perfect end to a day’s ride. Can’t make the tour? Blackberry Farm has a year-round cycling program for their guests.
- Josh Zisson of Bike Safe Boston is holding a contest to name his cool reflective bike. The person who comes up with the chosen name will win a custom hand built retro-reflective wheel set. Josh has lots of other cool prizes for runner’s up, too. No word on when this contest ends, so get your submissions in soon. Check out his suggestions on how to win the contest.
- Alchemy Bicycles has opened a destination shop for cyclists and triathletes
in Denver’s posh Cherry Creekoff of Denver’s Cherry Creek Trail. The space will house mini shops from The Pros Closet, Tru Fit Training, Chroma Fab/Chroma Cafe and Primal Wear, as well as custom bike building services from Alchemy and Shama Cycles. It’s located at 7700 Cherry Creek South Drive.
- We’re excited about going to NAHBS next month. Check out our Interview series starting Monday where we interview the bike builders who will be attending the show!
- Don’t forget registration for the TD Five Boro Bike Tour starts January 22nd at 12 pm (noon) EST.