Kickstarter: Rickshaw Bagworks x Halo Zero Messenger Bag w/ LED Glow Strip

Rickshaw Bagworks x Halo Zero messenger bag with LED glow strip collaboration on Kickstarter

Rickshaw Bagworks has partnered with Halo Belts to create the Halo Zero messenger bag with HZ’s LED glow strip to increase visibility.

The bag is debuting on Kickstarter first, where you can nab one for a pledge of $128. The bags are sized to fit up to a 15″ laptop, use a quick-adjust shoulder strap and have two front pockets. Each one is handmade in San Francisco, which is great but forces the caveat that if the campaign is way overfunded, some orders could come later than the anticipated May/June ship date.

Halo’s light belts use an LED light to illuminate a thermoplastic polyurethane fiber optic strip, and they actually started life on Kickstarter, too. For the bag, it attaches to the cover flap with Velcro. It’s available in red, green, blue and yellow and switches between strobe, flash and solid modes. It’s powered by two CR2025 batteries.

Check the video and more pics after the break…

At time of posting, they’re about 25% of the way toward their goal. Click here to see the Kickstarter campaign page.

Bags purchased outside of the campaign will retail for $150 ($100 for the bag, $50 for the light).

Interior liner of the bag will match the chosen LED color.

Comments

David - 01/18/13 - 12:36am

This was brought to you by Lance & Oprah

Funtooley - 01/18/13 - 2:53am

Seriously, enough with the damn Kickstarter campaigns.

atganirider - 01/18/13 - 3:18am

Why not stick with your current, favourite bag and simply attach a fibre flare light?

Nash - 01/18/13 - 5:00am

Would be nice if they had a white light on the front strap and red on the rear bag as convention dictates, but good idea

Steve - 01/18/13 - 12:10pm

I have a collar for my dog that looks just like that strip. I could just buy another one and sew it to the Timbuk2 bag I already have and save myself $135.

+1 for Funtooley. Seriously.

Patrick - 01/18/13 - 5:35pm

VAGX and their Lumisac series have existed over a year… and way superior.

Christopjher - 01/18/13 - 6:43pm

I usually stick Yoda on my back and have him wave a light saber in circles. Works like a charm.

Chipollini - 01/18/13 - 8:46pm

I’d love to see a product like this with a more standard battery size those coin size (CR2016, CR2032, CR2025) batteries are expensive, and lights that use them eat them like the cookie monster… No joke, if you use them on the regs you will get maybe 2-3 weeks out of them before you have to spend $10 + on two batteries. I want a AA or AAA based light that I could us a Li ion rechargeable battery in. I also must agree with the other comments in regards to other products that are available that do the same thing at a lesser price point. Totally for cyclist safety though, wear a helmet dumb ass and get some lights – 2k+ of car is like the honey badger… Doesn’t give a f*ck!

recur - 01/19/13 - 8:28am

If you’re riding with this bag on a drop bar bike, this light’s going to be pointing uselessly at the sky. It should be on the bottom.