Wade Simmons and Thomas Vanderham ride “XC”

Rocky Mountain has been killing it lately with an amazing line of bikes, along with a host of creative and inspiring videos of their team pushing said bikes to their limits. The video of Wade Simmons and Thomas Vanderham out for a “little XC ride” aboard the carbon Element MSL – a 120mm XC full suspension rig, is making the rounds again. Oh, and they’re riding on the famous North Shore, a spot typically ruled by longer travel bikes.

While Simmons and Vanderham clearly have more natural abilities than most riders, as the video states, it sure is fun to watch them rip such big trails on such small bikes. Interesting that this should resurface just after an excellent article by Mike Levy discussing the merits of shorter travel bikes – a coincidence?

Comments

Caliente - 11/30/12 - 11:41am

I wish more videos could be like this. Awesome riding, good music, humor, and of course–cool bikes.

Justin - 11/30/12 - 11:46am

This video is about a year old, but pretty cool anyway…

bin judgin' - 11/30/12 - 1:48pm

XC bikes are super fun. I never appreciated them until I got one last spring. Expensive and lack of durability are the problems. I would take a 25 pound 26″ 4″ bike if it could take a (deleted) beating and had a THREADED BOTTOM BRACKET

Pez Dispenser - 11/30/12 - 2:13pm

“…interesting that this would resurface….”

It didn’t resurface. You dug it up. There’s no synchronicity with Levy’s click-farming essay.

People who actually are bike riders, rather than feitshists who use bicycles for consumer/status display, they know that smaller bikes are more capable.

Fetishists only want whatever is trending as “hot right now.”

Keep up the fetish, BikeRumor!

Rich - 11/30/12 - 2:42pm

Actually it was on Bicyclings twitter before it was reported here.

yesplease - 11/30/12 - 3:50pm

I watched it 7 months ago when sites who care about bikes more than ads published it.

Psi Squared - 11/30/12 - 4:39pm

The exit door for panty knotted whiners is on the right. As we’ve all known for a long time, nothing of any real value comes out of a pez dispenser.

I wish someone would explain why it’s so important where this was seen first. The article did say this video was making the rounds again. The internet is a big place it’s easy to miss something like this.

Zachoverholt - 11/30/12 - 4:40pm

Yup Saris posted this here about 7 months ao as well. http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/05/04/friday-shredits-get-amped-for-your-weekend/ As rich mentioned it was floating around Twitter and it got me excited to get on my bike so I posted it.

toowacky - 11/30/12 - 4:46pm

Holy grumpfest! Sounds like someone (or a few) need some Time On Bike.

Saris - 11/30/12 - 6:12pm

Great video Zach. Thanks for sharing it again. Don’t think I’ll ever get sick of ripping on my little bike.

Jay - 11/30/12 - 6:29pm

I had never seen the video until now – so THANK YOU for (re)posting!

Josh - 12/01/12 - 7:12am

Those who can ride will ride anywhere on anything.

lulz - 12/01/12 - 10:35am

I knew the level of butt-hurt would be high. Comments did not disappoint.

MulletRacer - 12/02/12 - 9:29pm

Pretty long travel for an XC rig but who is counting!