- Get ready, because registration opens tomorrow morning, Saturday, November 3rd at 8am EST, for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek. Entries are limited and sell out fast! Race will be held April 6th, 2013.
- Our friends at Salvagetti Bicycle Workshop and Surly are having a sleepover/fat bike experience this weekend that you shouldn’t miss if you’re fat bike curious. The demo will be held at the Buffalo Creek Mountain Bike Trails in Pine, Colorado, and will include camping, beer, and fat bikes for demo: Pugsleys, Moonlanders, and Krampi. Click link above for more info.
- The 2012 SC State CX Championships will be held on December 9th as a double header with the last race of the season the day before on December 8th at Old Towne Creek Plantation in Charleston, SC. Registration is open now.
- Mountain Bike Radio has a new show series called “The Dirt with Drew Edsall“. Drew is a pro mountain bike racer, coach, and seasonal citrus worker. He interviewed Jeremiah Bishop for his first show where they discussed how to increase your ability to perform better in cycling naturally, without doping – because “there is no hope in dope.” Just don’t listen to the episode while riding your bike, because…
- Josh Levin writes on Slate why Cycling with headphones is incredibly dumb…which is also mentioned in the London Cyclist‘s recent article What an RAF pilot can teach us about being safe on the road.
more after the break…
- Early Bird registration is now open for the Sea Otter Classic to be held April 18-21, 2013. Get $10 off registration fee from now until Dec. 31st.
- Sea Otter has also announced a partnership with the Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia event series. There will now be a Gran Fondo style ride added to the already huge event called the Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia Sea Otter Classic.
- Join four of Clif Bar‘s professional athletes (two of them cyclists: Peter Stetina and Todd Wells) for a live chat on Thursday, November 15th, from 4:30 – 5:30pm EST, about nutrition, their training programs, etc. You can send in your questions early via the twitter hash tag #AskTeamCLIFBar or via their FB page. You can also ask questions directly during the webcast. Click here for the live feed and directions on how to participate.