Found: Retül Levül Height Adjustable Wheel Block for Trainers

Retul’s new Levül adjustable height wheel block helps you get your front wheel level with your rear (or set it on bigger incline than what most molded plastic blocks and wheel trays will allow). It’s a far more elegant solution than one-size-fits-all wheel trays or phone books.

At $349 retail, though, it might be worth making good use of those phone books Yellow Pages seems hell bent on delivering despite this new thing called the Internet. Thanks to Gregory for the pic!

Comments

Jason - 09/28/12 - 9:08pm

building a bike and setting up the fit from retul’s fit sheet requires the bike to be perfectly level so you can get all of the measurements correct. It’s impossible in a work stand and putting the rear wheel in a trainer or, in my case, a Feedback Rakk stand, sets the rear wheel higher. So you end up trying to keep the bike still while flat on the ground. I would love this because I can set the rear wheel in a trainer or Rakk stand and quickly set the front wheel height so it’s level. Plus it keeps it still so you can do all of those mm specific measurements they want (and which their clients pay for).

TJ - 09/28/12 - 9:30pm

wow… great product and idea but wayyyy too pricey…

greg - 09/28/12 - 9:40pm

damn, i didnt know it was going to cost that much. ill probably just make my own then.

Matt - 09/29/12 - 12:56am

Wow, $349…Retul has certainly embraced the idea of value since partnering with Specialized. I’ll take my $15 level and a Saris wheel stand. Too bad….

Johnny Hall - 09/29/12 - 4:18am

It’s expensive because it’s being sold to bike shops as a professional tool, rather than to consumers.

But it’s still expensive.

one60 - 09/29/12 - 12:23pm

Harbour Freight sells a transmission scissor jack for $80 & it comes with a hold down strap. Remove the caster wheels & you are good to go! There are probably smaller jacks out there for less

g - 09/29/12 - 3:20pm

I just use a bag of baby kittens…

tom - 09/29/12 - 9:51pm

Someone is making a lot of money on that thing. i like the Harbor Freight idea. Screw you bike fit snobs!

Dan - 09/29/12 - 9:57pm

For the Dentist that has it all.

Cheap ass - 09/30/12 - 6:53pm

I like paper plates. Cheap, adjust to any height and the price is right.

Naytan - 10/01/12 - 8:16am

Of course there are a million other effective cheap ways. What is being sold here is the image, not the product. If you jack my front wheel up with paper plates then raise my post 5mm and drop my stem 10mm then hand me a $200 bill I’m going to call shenanigans. Now, if you spend an hour playing with svelte tools that I don’t own, clearly your doing something special!

Ajax - 10/02/12 - 8:30am

What?! How much? Uh. No thanks.