Upstart Bike Brand Broken Bones Hopes to Shatter Expectations at Interbike

Broken Bones road bike

This just came across our wire and caught our eye. We’ll get more on these guys at the show, but wanted to pop this up before flying out to Interbike. The pageantry of the graphics and logos is reminiscent of Rock Racing, let’s hope things turn out a bit better.

PRESS RELEASE: Based in Los Angeles, the company is owned by Josh Horowitz, who is also the owner/director of the Wonderful Pistachios Pro Cycling Team. Broken Bones will launch at Interbike on Sept. 19 with an eye toward shaking up the culture and style of cycling.

“Cycling is marketed like golf — respectable, traditional and elegant — when it should be marketed like an extreme sport — exciting, dangerous and breathtaking,” Horowitz said. “I created Broken Bones to appeal to the 18-year-old up-and-coming athlete looking for a new sport. Or for the 38-year-old looking for something exciting to break out of the dreariness of a 50-hour-per-week desk job. This company was created to correct the disconnect between the outdated image of the sport and what it really is.”

Broken Bones was born after Horowitz found himself laid up in the hospital after a nasty crash on the track. While he was recuperating from four broken ribs, a punctured lung and a broken collarbone, he spent time flipping through a recent cycling buyers guide. On page after page, it was nothing but safe, traditional designs aimed at a very narrow market.

Broken Bones road bike

(press release continued)

“Black bikes, white bikes; black-and-white bikes,” Horowitz said. “Or possibly a streak of red if some designer was feeling especially daring. It just didn’t match up with the thrilling experiences I have had for 25 years in the sport.”

The Broken Bones lineup is built around its first frame, the Fracture, which was tested under the Wonderful Pistachios Pro Cycling Team on the 2012 National Criterium Calendar circuit. The Fracture features bright, attention-grabbing graphics and is available with an Integrated Seat Post (ISP) or with a standard seat post. Pricing will begin at $3,100 for a team-issue Fracture equipped with Microshift components. Shimano Ultegra and Dura-Ace builds will also be available. Unlike frames designed to compete in the lightest-and-stiffest class, the Fracture is designed to be raced — and raced regularly. That means the Fracture has to be not only light and stiff, but also durable and stable. The Fracture offers confidence in corners, responsiveness when it’s time to throw down and smoothness for long training days.

Simply put: It’s built to be raced, not hung in the garage and polished on Sundays.

Look for more information soon on the technology behind the Fracture, as well as complete details on the Broken Bones lineup — including its partnership with Hawk Racing.

Broken Bones road bike

Broken Bones bicycle brand logo

Comments

ernesto - 09/15/12 - 8:15pm

that link to their website does not appear to be correct…….

discodave - 09/15/12 - 8:26pm

Did Michael Ball change his name? Right on the money….Rock Racing tried and failed at the whole road racing as an “extreme” sport. Dumb name for a carbon catalog bike the “Fracture”. Does is come with free rub on tribal arm tats?

keith - 09/15/12 - 8:37pm

Putting a bunch of skulls and tribal graphics will not make road cycling extreme. Might make the bikes appeal more to eight year olds though. Decent bmx bikes don’t even have graphics. They’re purchased based on quality and reputation. Maybe that’s a better approach to selling things.

reibel - 09/15/12 - 8:39pm

Those wheels look like total barf.

He is right about one thing though, riding random frames and wheels picked out of the back of Chinese parts catalog is extreme, extremely scary.

fayar - 09/15/12 - 8:42pm

“rock racing”

Sevo - 09/15/12 - 8:45pm

This reminds me of the really bad graphics the Kmart skateboards had that were trying to be “cool” while still being parent friendly. Blah.

james - 09/15/12 - 8:47pm

When did Affliction start making bikes? Bros don’t cycle, they’re all arms no legs.

LP - 09/15/12 - 8:56pm

Yeah, I am sure the guy who spend 8000$ on a road bike is looking for an extreme sport!

Speedy - 09/15/12 - 9:01pm

1997 just called. It wants its bike back.

Also…Microshift? Really? Well OK then.

Jason - 09/15/12 - 9:05pm

Totally sick bro. Graphics like a Wal Mart kids bike.

JM - 09/15/12 - 9:10pm

Is Guy Fieri the primary investor?

Dans - 09/15/12 - 9:19pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAH…….hahahahahahah……hahahahahahahah……………………..haha.

jacob - 09/15/12 - 9:47pm

yeah a little over the top-but the frame looks really nice

Werdna - 09/15/12 - 9:52pm

Most bikes are beautiful enough without any paint at all. Those graphics scream cheap!

greg - 09/15/12 - 10:36pm

it’s also a me-too open mold frame, no “engineering” behind it besides what the factory does on its own. talk about playing it safe! and bright green- nope, never seen that color in every company’s catalog this year…

Jake - 09/15/12 - 10:54pm

Ed Hardy is suing for copyright infringement as we speak.

MI...DUNES - 09/15/12 - 11:18pm

Try not to make big business decisions while doped up in the hospital. Wahhh Wahhhhhh.

Ray - 09/15/12 - 11:23pm

Is this a joke? It’s like some kid from the 80s bmx scene designed a road bike. Rad.

satisFACTORYrider - 09/15/12 - 11:44pm

Wow. No “haters gonna hate” posts on this one. Everyone in agreement that this blows then.

Bogey - 09/15/12 - 11:50pm

Yikes, terrible graphics on the cheap looking bike and a awful logo too! Unfortunately someone put their time and hard earned money into this one.

lj - 09/15/12 - 11:57pm

I’m 32 and grew up skateboarding and snowboarding (still do both)..worked in the ASR industry for a long time. I work in the “lifestyle/fashion” side of apparel/footwear. I should be the perfect customer for this brand based on the description, but I would not be caught dead on this ugly bike. The graphics are def “ed hardy” “affliction” ish, and no one cool wears that crap. These dudes should have done some market research on actual cool brands. PS: tribal tattoo designs were never cool, unless you are a dueche or ultimate fighter.

Tropt - 09/16/12 - 12:14am

“EDGE DESIGN” wheels. Nice…
Looks like a Monster energy drink prize give-away. Can’t wait to see this brand really take off.

Devian - 09/16/12 - 12:37am

I think its as good a shot as any.
ya, the whole Ed Hardy gig… I can only imagine.
I have a brother down in LA working at PowerPlant Choppers, Johnson Motors, etc…
the tribal look… ok… uh… makes me think of Trek Y-bikes, etc…
cool enough. as good a shot as any.

Personally, I’d like to see the industry refrain from massive graphics.
a plain bike is awesome, its easy enough to do your own graphic work, have it printed etc.
I think it sucks, when a bike is popping in logos, like NASCAR, i always want to repaint every bike.

Ryan - 09/16/12 - 1:45am

Good for Josh! I did a ride with Josh several years ago at Jamestown, RI with the Cyclo-CLUB. It takes a steely resolve and perseverance to do something like this and he’s the guy with heaps of both. I wish him luck. Whether you like it or not, you have to admit what Broken Bones offers differs from the sea of sameness we are seeing in the marketplace right now…

G A R Y - 09/16/12 - 1:55am

Matte black with ghetto graphics… This could be a game changer or the Affliction shirt of bicycles. May want to hire new graphic artists.

randy - 09/16/12 - 2:12am

I’m gonna get me some green tires….

Rasek - 09/16/12 - 3:00am

Not \shattered.

The Rude Awakener - 09/16/12 - 3:14am

To each his own I guess. Best of luck to the founder on his new business.

Most of us here are obviously NOT his target market.

RoDe - 09/16/12 - 4:51am

Sorry I don’t get it. The frame made in Taiwan where else, was probably made buy some guy who looked though all the carbon molds he has for the one billion other brands he makes bikes for. So where is the extreme in that. Had he made it in the USA from new technology that he himself had engineered OK that is extreme.
But slapping children’s stickers on a bike doesn’t not make it extreme sorry dude.
I must agree with him that 99% of all bikes made have extremely dull and boring color schemes. But a black frame with stickers I hardly call that exciting.
But the best of luck to you sir I respect your entrepreneurship.

bonky - 09/16/12 - 5:11am

Looks like it’s marketed towards guidos..

I honestly dont get how someone could come up with this, how difficult is it to look at the more popular brands in skateboarding and bmx and base your graphics on what you see?

jdog - 09/16/12 - 5:41am

This bike is just like an Ed Hardy t-shirt. It makes it easier to judge the book by it’s cover. In this case the rider by his bike.

Luke - 09/16/12 - 6:05am

I probably am his target market (24, also a mountain biker, rock climber, likes “rad” stuff) and find that bike absolutely abhorrent. It is just like the Ed Hardy stuff, which is revolting. Me, and the people I ride with, like our road bikes to be stylish. Stylish can mean bright colours, but it doesn’t mean opening clip art and copying and pasting tribal stuff and “metal” logos.

And, as above, Microshift? Really?

Luke - 09/16/12 - 6:07am

And, for reference, here’s what other “extreme” sports are doing design wise. Clean, crisp, fresh graphics. Not swirly tribal guff.

Yeahaaa!!!_ - 09/16/12 - 6:30am

All that frame is, is a cheap Chinese frame. It looks like a FM015 isp with a Neco headset. They’re nice frames dont get me wrong but hes charging too much im sure.

bob - 09/16/12 - 6:35am

Just wait until one of the “extreme crowd” get on this thing and realise it has to be pedalled. Not just down hill either.

Good luck. Not for me, esp the graphics. Aside from that it is “traditional, except for the microshift. And calling a carbon bike model “fracture”. Really, is it April 1st? I suppose the line of models will be cracked, broken, severed, failure,..

michael - 09/16/12 - 7:45am

What is so “exciting, dangerous and breathtaking” about this bike?
It looks like another cooking cutter Asian made frame, with cartoon graphics.
Wouldn’t waste my money on this.

Igor - 09/16/12 - 9:08am

Douchebags don’t ride bikes. Do you think boys from the Jersey Shore would buy one?

Mitch - 09/16/12 - 9:31am

Yeah, that’s the same frame as a Chinese FM015. Any guy off the street could build that same bike, sans the ugly paint, for under $2k without having to get bargain deals or know anybody.

Hungry4Shht - 09/16/12 - 9:47am

Miracle Trade.

Chris - 09/16/12 - 10:49am

A little harsh.

Tropt - 09/16/12 - 10:50am

“Douchebags don’t ride bikes.”
ahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha

Matt - 09/16/12 - 11:04am

What a great way to sell bikes… remind everyone of the potential dangers surrounding the sport. Ah well, if it doesn’t work out he can come back an rename the brand Road Kill. I’d rather walk than be caught dead on this.

bc - 09/16/12 - 11:52am

$3100 for an open-mold carbon frame with Nashbar brand components on it? You’re out of your friggin’ mind. $3000-$3500 buys you an “original” (rather than open mold) carbon frame with full-Ultegra components from virtually every major manufacturer.

Also, this bike looks like Michael Ball’s vomit.

gibbon - 09/16/12 - 12:30pm

I bet Ritte are quaking in their boots now……….

Mandingo - 09/16/12 - 12:58pm

Please make it stop.

JimmyBoots - 09/16/12 - 1:16pm

@RoDe, we would be so lucky if this bike was built in Taiwan. Taiwan has much higher build standards and quality than China has ever been known for. Taiwan is kind of like the new Japan in that sense. This bike of course is out of China and probably being produced by Hong Fu or one of the many other manufactures out there. Most bikes today are built in China so there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is, companies like Cervelo, Trek, Cannodale, etc, etc, etc keep a close eye on their outsourcing to make sure quality is up to their standards. A small company like Broken Bones, Ritte, Pedal Force or the dozens of others that are out there gamble on a completely safe, up to standard bicycle. I am sure Josh or one of his employees isn’t over at Hong Fu or wher ever the bike is being produced and keeping a close eye on manufacturing standards. I know for a fact one of the big three has guys over in Asia at least every other week (and probably has full time employees over there as well) checking on QC. Other than that, I hope he does well. I am definitely not a fan of the graphics or the ISP.

Ventruck - 09/16/12 - 1:30pm

One really looked in a magazine and thought bikes were too” safe” and “traditional” looking – although 18 year olds always dreamed of such bikes? And then to solve that non-existent problem, this guy has an overpriced setup of his own ugly rides consisting of a cookie cutter frame and Microshift components for $3100? Top it off with some unoriginal marketing regarding how responsive and smooth it is at the same time…yep, shattering expectations.

highfructosecorn - 09/16/12 - 1:34pm

Guys, admit it. It’s genius. He’s targeting the hipster wall art market with something to hang on the wall opposite that minimalist, retro, never-ridden fixie. Hipsters LOVE irony. Especially when it’s not really irony. That just makes it more ironic.

JT - 09/16/12 - 3:03pm

YO BRO!!! did you catch that beta party last night Ed Hardy and his bike was there!!

B - 09/16/12 - 4:19pm

Learned two things from this:

1. The bikes aren’t my taste visually.

2. Cyclists that read Bike Rumor are apparently as rude and douche-y as the subjects (hipsters and bros) of their bigotry. You can say something isn’t your style without being a dick about it, if you have it in you.

Chris L - 09/16/12 - 5:14pm

I’m not the target audience but even if I was I still think this looks like crap. The whole thing looks like something a design school drop out would come up with. You can do the whole eXtreme look in way that isn’t completely revolting – plenty of other brands have shown how. Good design is good design even if you personally can’t stand the genre it represents. Personally, I can’t stand the look of most Ducati motorcycles but I acknowledge that they are well designed for their intended audience. This however is just plain crap.

tvc - 09/16/12 - 5:57pm

wow- don’t get all the negative hoopla over this creative idea.. great article.
sweet looking bikes- not just stripes and color, but something totally different
maybe thats why all you are giving shit.. cant think out of the box and like
your bikes with simple strips and letters..
This company has legs, and a great direction-yeah startup is tough, especially
with all the negative responses.. but balls down trying something totally different
gives it a total chance – seen just as many positive responses elsewhere.
peace

Oscar - 09/16/12 - 6:47pm

Black bar tape? What a square.

DR - 09/16/12 - 6:56pm

This bike is such a mess and the reaction is so overwhelmingly negative that it’s got to be a joke. I hope. This is a joke, right? My mind is already flashing ahead to the moral turpitude of the bikini clad ladies that I’m 100% sure will be greeting dealers at the booth entrance.

KevinS - 09/16/12 - 7:09pm

Where is the Tapout sticker?!

James - 09/16/12 - 10:19pm

This bike is almost as ugly and unprofessional as the wonderful pistachios cycling website. Broken Bones is a premonition of what you get when you ride a $450 china mold eBay bike.

James - 09/16/12 - 10:20pm

Microshift? More like microshit.

wigs - 09/16/12 - 10:25pm

can’t wait to throw on some Nickelback and get on one of these. my tribal tattoo would look sick with this bike.

greg - 09/16/12 - 10:32pm

hahaha TVC
obviously the guy behind it all. i saw this earlier on weightweenies. it got torn. apart. the guy is involved with PezCyclingNews, owns it or runs it. tried to do a “review” calling it wonderful things. those in the know made him pull the article.

TFT - 09/16/12 - 11:48pm

I smell a co-sponsor deal in the works

Broken

Presented By

Thunder Muscle

Zee - 09/17/12 - 1:16am

Extreme….Seirously??I..I thought this bike is for april mop

doctor tinklepants - 09/17/12 - 1:18am

Wow. I feel bad for this guy. Generic Chinese carbon frames and really out of date, bad graphics (sorry, but that’s how I feel) are going to be a tough sell in a tight economy with so many other well built, well designed options in that price range.

He’ll probably make a small fortune in the bike industry. Too bad he’ll be starting with a large one.

Singletrackroadie - 09/17/12 - 2:59am

Not my taste, but great on him trying something new. If you don’t like the bike, don’t buy it…simple as that. All he is doing is trying a new angle. How may types of cars do you get these days. One for ever niche and still more is being created. Good luck to him, but he won’t be seeing my money…..

mini - 09/17/12 - 5:14am

Well, the green on the tires is a slightly different shade to that on the rims, which is rather disturbing.

While the bike doesn’t appeal to me, I do actually find it ludicrous that someone recovering from broken ribs, a punctured lung and a broken collarbone, and who thinks the sport should be marketed as “dangerous”, just created a company selling bikes with “broken bones” written on the side. One can only hope that the founder is a completely ignorant moron who is oblivious to how many cyclists actually die every year from road accidents, but from some of his comments (cycling for 25 years?) it appears not – in which case, his idiocy for creating this foolish company is all the more prominent.

Kurt - 09/17/12 - 9:11am

I think it looks cool! But if you don’t like it don’t buy it. I’m not a fan of the colors but with other colors I think it would be a hit. It is a niche of people who may not be happy with the hum-drum color and graphic options the larger manufacturer’s are providing us. Good luck Broken Bones, don’t let the few keep you down.

Psi Squared - 09/17/12 - 9:30am

This looks too much like a school project gone bad. The price is way too high to boot.

Colin - 09/17/12 - 9:50am

I know the paint issue has been beaten to death so I’ll leave it alone.

I actually built one of the “Pistachio” bikes and these are not that bad, but no way would I buy one that price. Decently stiff, fairly light but they have a few really, really big flaws. One being that the mast cap is r-tardedly heavy. It also gives you about 3mm of adjustment should you make a mistake and cut just a bit too far (which I found out a few of the guys on the team did). Also, we had to shim it with a miller can to stop the cap from freely spinning when torqued to spec. It also really bugs me that they are only BSA BB compatible.

Josh Horowitz - 09/17/12 - 10:08am

Ok boys, here it is. I own the Wonderful Pistachios Pro Cycling Team. I didn’t find a suitable bike sponsor for 2012 so i pulled the trigger on this project. We are a low budget criterium team with no mechanical support. I knew there would be a lot of crashing and tough handling of the bikes so i wanted something durable. I sourced an excellent frame from a very reputable Hong Kong factory . I had them add a thin layer of carbon over the entire frame. It adds about 10 ounces but I thought it was better than replacing a half dozen crashed out frames throughout the season. Although not our original intention we discovered that this gave the bike some excellent ride qualities.

In terms of the design i figured if i was going to start my own brand i might as well do something a little different. I based the design on the skateboards that i used to like as a kid and also Dia de los Muertos artwork that think it looks pretty cool.

As for the name, this whole thing happened during a 3 night stay in the hospital with 4 broken ribs a punctured lung and a shattered collarbone. To me Broken Bones represents a recognition and appreciation for the sacrifices and danger we face as bike racers every day.

As someone who has been a pro rider/team owner for the last 25 years i can tell you that cycling is an extremely narrow market and as a result sponsorship dollars are near impossible to come by. This may not appeal to the guys who like Colnago and Trek and Cervello but if i can draw some eyes and open up the stuffy reputation that the sport has than it can benefit all of us.

JC - 09/17/12 - 12:36pm

Who is this ‘Us’ of which you speak? Do you really think stuffiness is the big problem facing cycling? Do you really think that crappy tribal decals on a Chinese frame will help bring more sponsors into the sport? It’s been tried. It failed. It’s not answering any need except the one that’s in your head.

professor - 09/17/12 - 12:48pm

I love watching this unfold. Looks like Josh is doing exactly what he was trying to do… shaking up the culture.

As for all the criticism surrounding the graphics… have you all looked in the mirror lately with those ridiculous team kits on? Where I live, every weekend is clown vomit/ peacock parade.

Matt - 09/17/12 - 1:02pm

@ Mitch and Yeaahhhh:

It is indeed an FM015. I have the same bike, built with Force and to my liking, for under $1,400.

but I reallly want green paint! said no one ever.

Steve M - 09/17/12 - 1:20pm

That thing needs a Dae Yung fork.

qwertz - 09/17/12 - 1:23pm

Besides the design of the bike (which I don’t care about, but who cares):

I don’t agree with the notion of road cycling having a “stuffy” reputation, and that it would benefit to “all of us” we fix the non-existing problem of having too few risk loving, bone-breaking (pun intended) action sport junkies in the sport. There’s already a ton of excellent sport choices for the scar-bragging daredevil type, and I for one would like it to keep the rock’n'roll stuff contained exactly there.

notapro - 09/17/12 - 1:41pm

i would adjust the “extreme” marketing angle. “low budget and alot of crashing” is cool if you’re 9-10yrs old and learning a new trick or dropping into pipe for the first time but a few stickers and monsterenergy green does not make one stoked, sick, or able to get props, bro. your ride will however get called out as poser. besides, roadracing will NEVER be a cool video game.

notapro - 09/17/12 - 1:51pm

doesn’t agree with road cycling being “stuffy” BUT keep that “rock’n'roll stuff” contained with those daredevil types… hahaha … it’s what my great grandparents said about the beatles and elvis. damn kids!

LD - 09/17/12 - 1:56pm

It is a FM015. Deng Fu has them, to name one. Basically a very good frame (btw…. a lot of these frames meet EN standards…… the same as big name). As far as them being made in China……… most are. Taiwan may be the head office for all the big names but I can assure you that they head over the boarder where the factories are. I’m not saying its the same as Colnago going to any number of the big carbon factories and supplanting their own designer, QC guys though. As far as the design goes criticism can be leveled at both sides. Theres a reason most top frames are just black……. usually its to save weight from the additional paint. Thats why airlines stopped painting their planes until a lightweight white was developed. Also…… unpainted “test” naked carbon is cool. As far as Bones’ goes…… to each their own. As a designer i happen to think the cycling industry is pathetically challenged when it comes to graphics. The exceptions I see now are Canyons’ ’13 line, Vroomens’ Open frame and maybe BMC. Again as far as using a frame like the FM015 remember that Nascar uses exactly the same equipment, Indycar, does, even MotoGP has the CRT class now. Sometimes you gotta buy off the shelf to get into the game……. proprietary stuff is extraordinarily expensive.

Rob Atkins - 09/17/12 - 2:07pm

Why did we see half your riders on black painted tarmacs this year then Mr. H?

Oscar - 09/17/12 - 2:08pm

Did he really lump Colnago in with Trek and Cervelo?!

satisFACTORYrider - 09/17/12 - 2:37pm

i’m not hatin on ya josh but you can’t compare wanting/needing to get airborne to accidentally getting airborne the same thing. you very well could be in a hospital bed (sorry about your visit to the hurt locker. hope you are healed and recovered!) sharing a room with Tony Hawk, Shaun White, or Travis Pastrana but if we’re talking extreme/action sports marketing, I’m sorry but I’m not gonna be sending a 6 figure endrsmnt deal, strip-o-gram and flowers to you. wish you the best though.

ND - 09/17/12 - 2:52pm

United by a common enemy!
I think Josh may be trying too hard to solve a problem that doesn’t exist. I have NEVER had the impression that road cycling is too plain or vanilla or the proverbial “sea of sameness.” I have also never equated how it is designed or marketed with golf. The custom options for road bikes are phenomenal. Expensive, yes, but also terrific. In any event, the answer does not appear to be an open-mold chinese frame with a tatoo.

Fragglepussthechaste - 09/17/12 - 3:42pm

Bah… skulls went out with mountain biking and Primal Wear a decade ago. Please, no more. I’m begging you.

Grant - 09/17/12 - 3:59pm

LIKE OMG!!! Skulls? Why didn’t I think of that? I could have been rich.

lj - 09/17/12 - 4:40pm

I think the name BROKEN BONES is kinda cool….but unfortunately it ends there. You mentioned being inspired by old skateboard graphics??? like what? I grew up skateboarding and LOVE skateboard art and culture behind the entire skate community and i have never seen graphics like this? In MY opinion here are a few links to “cool” brands…and graphics/vibe that appeal to a younger, hip, faster, action sports, fashionable customer who bikes and races.(like you are going for) (I have no connection to any of these)

dt - 09/17/12 - 9:53pm

that bike makes me want to say “come at me brahhh’

h00v3r - 09/17/12 - 11:24pm

h00v3r - 09/17/12 - 11:31pm

New Bike Rumor Headline: Broken Bones To Produce Andy Lakatosh Signature Model Track Frame: “Thee D-Bag XXX-Treeem”

TR - 09/18/12 - 5:03am

I think it’s an insult to compare these bike graphics to what Rock Racing did and what it’s doing now.
$ 8000 for the worst of Chinese frames, with the worse graphics I’ve ever seen!

Mick - 09/19/12 - 5:12pm

Hot air racing, what a load of crap

Nivlac - 09/20/12 - 2:20pm

What a bunch of HATERS.

Anonymous - 09/24/12 - 1:24pm

Can you believe this? This guy used his own team, wonderful pistachios, sponsorship money, which was supposed to go to support the riders, to start a bike company! Not only that, but the parts are also sponsorship parts! He took from the riders, to benefit himself, and the team barely lasted 2 months. Feel bad for the riders. He bought these frames from china, for about $299 each, and the parts were free. Now he’s trying to sell these bikes, with stickers on them, for 3k plus? Are you kidding me. Why to just buy direct from the Chinese company? You can pay $500 for the same thing and make your own stickers. Don’t get me started on the name….broken bones? Ya, like that’s what riders want to think about when riding!

DCote - 12/07/12 - 6:01pm

This bike looks as good as any to me, I love the graphics and how they relate to Dia de Los Muertos, I remember seeing scene out of “Once Upon A Time In Mexico” and this bike reminds of the badass fire fight that ensued
I would ride it
If you trust any other bike from Asia why not this one?
The guy started his own company (which is tough enough in this economy) gave the bikes to his team and above all has held true to what he feels should be seen on the racing scene, I can only feel respect for that
If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, as for me I like to see the difference, beauty is in the eye of the beholder