FitWet Hot Tub Spin Bike – This Can’t Be Real, Can It?

Apparently, FitWet is headed to Vegas to seek its fortunes among the IBD folks at Interbike. I’m…just…at…a loss. There’s so many things that seem so wrong about this, not the least of which are some of the almost NSFW animations in the vid. Full body workout? It comes from space?

Even their website’s a bit janky, rife with spelling and grammatical errors and no real info, leading us to think this may just be a ruse to get some people to a specific booth. I guess we’ll find out just how real (and really ridiculous) this is when we get to Sin City.

The only practical use we see is rehab. Otherwise, some things, perhaps, should stay in Vegas.

Comments

JimW - 09/14/12 - 11:24am

“Even their website’s a bit janky, rife with spelling and grammatical errors and no real info”

Ain’t that the pot calling the kettle black.

Steven - 09/14/12 - 11:32am

Haha, I was just thinking, this is the pot calling the kettle black!

Jason - 09/14/12 - 11:37am

Who’s going to have the best booth girls this year? Looks liike we may have a front runner.

a - 09/14/12 - 11:46am

So like swimming but stupid…. maybe that could be their new tag line

Mark - 09/14/12 - 11:47am

no more getting off the bike for bathroom breaks. ..aahhhh..

yesplease - 09/14/12 - 11:50am

Oh snap! I am laughing so hard at these comments, well played.

JimW – 09/14/12 – 11:24am

Ain’t that the pot calling the kettle black.

Topmounter - 09/14/12 - 11:54am

The only thing I find surprising about this video is that I didn’t see it first on late-night television with an “ORDER NOW… LIMITED TIME OFFER” tag-line. The product “quality” reminds me of the “Life Extension” ads from Vanilla Sky (or the Rekall, Inc. ads from the original Total Recall).

NCMTB - 09/14/12 - 11:54am

@JimW are you a triathlete? Maybe with your amazing skills, huge bank account, and superior IQ you should start your own website and edit every post to perfect grammatical standards. The hate and sarcastic comments should be totally left to this horrendous product, and not one of the best cycling sites on the interweb. Keep up the great work Bikerumor, and I think an action shoot of Tyler in the FitWet at Interbike is completely mandatory. This is almost as horrendous as the SlowWheel and PowerWheel (http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/09/16/interbike-2011-slowwheel-and-powerwheel/ )

Topmounter - 09/14/12 - 11:54am

product = production

G A R Y - 09/14/12 - 11:57am

I know where I am having my birthday party. Hopefully, they sell pizza too.

satisFACTORYrider - 09/14/12 - 12:04pm

we used to get drunk and try to ride our bmx bikes on rollers in a friend’s parents pool. who woulda thought..

satisFACTORYrider - 09/14/12 - 12:10pm

the potential here clearly spin classess full of hotties, right? in that case a tandem version!

Topmounter - 09/14/12 - 12:57pm

I’ll be the guy in the snorkel adjusting her rear derailleur (or something thereabouts…). “Team Mechanic” has never been more appealing :-)

ridein - 09/14/12 - 2:17pm

It just needs a shoulder rest, instead of a seat, to use? as a hand-bike.

dan t. - 09/14/12 - 5:11pm

A quick look at their page source shows that it’s built using an “Instant Page” service from GoDaddy — another not-very-reputable company in terms of customer service. Not to mention that if they can’t be arsed to make the effort to build a web page to represent themselves to the world, what does that say about how they think of customers? (To be fair, they’ve probably just handed off all these decisions to a lowest-bid marketing “consultancy”.)

Mike C - 09/14/12 - 5:42pm

Fitwet… too close to “nitwit” to be commercially viable…

Loops_BC - 09/15/12 - 6:16pm

I’m calling publicity stunt. The water is CGI.