Biologic Releases Postpump 2.0 – Pump & Seatpost Combo For Folding Bikes

Biologic Foot Pump Integrated Seatpost

Biologic just announced a new gadget – the Postpump 2.0. Yep, a seatpost and a tire pump, together as one, compatible with both Presta and Schrader.

While serving normally as a standard seatpost, when running low on air you can pop a pump and stainless steel footstand from the bottom. Biologic designed the Postpump 2.0 for Tern folding bikes, but it fits many others with a clamp diameter of 33.9mm and 580mm height. Total weight is 718g. MSRP is $50 and it’s sold in black and chrome.

Click ‘more’ for pics…

Biologic Seatpost Tire Pump Compact

For tiny 20″ x 1.5″ tires, Biologic estimates it takes 40 strokes to pump to 50psi.

Biologic Folding Seatpost Tire pump Valves

Comments

Pieter - 08/15/12 - 5:16pm

Confirming that it is the most handy pump ever, i need to say that you’re a bit late by calling this a new gadget. Mid 2011 i bought a foldable bike (a Dahon) already having this as a standard feature. Nevertheless, thumbs up guys! Cheerio

mkrs - 08/15/12 - 5:20pm

The weight is not that bad if you consider its length. It could actually be shorter though…

Ferrell - 08/15/12 - 6:23pm

I keep a Planet Bike pump in my carbon post, when I get a chance I’m going to weigh it and see how it compares. Specialized also makes a nice pump that will fit in a seat post.

TJ - 08/15/12 - 7:08pm

It probably COULD be shorter, but it was designed for Tern folding bikes. The one size frame requires a long enough seatpost for taller individuals.

Sevo - 08/16/12 - 12:44am

Always wondered when this would come back. Believe it was Odyseey back in the day (and maybe one or two others) who did this as well. First saw this in ’89.

BikeBrah - 08/16/12 - 12:06pm

There are a lot of silly gimmicks out there, and this is definitely not one of them. Really cool idea!

Nivlac - 08/16/12 - 1:35pm

You’ll have to put a gun to my head before I move my road bike’s seatpost.

King County - 08/17/12 - 9:02am

Sevo is correct! Odyssey had the Aerator post. That was back before they focused on BMX -only specific products. That is the first seatpost pump I know of. It could have been the late 80′s or early 1990′s.