Craiglist Find: Manitou Spyder R Fork For Free or Barter

Sideways photo and ad via SF Bay Area Craiglist:

So I’ve had this fork sitting around my apartment for awhile, I know I got is for a reason at some point, but at this point it does very little other than sit behind my bedroom door. This fork has seen me have sex many times, it has seen me cry myself to sleep while watching sleepless in seattle eating a tub of Ben and Jerry’s many more times. So my deal is this, I want it out of my house. That’s the long and short of it. The fork is doing me no good, and it might do someone else some good. If you want to pay me money for the fork that’s cool, but I think a barter might be more fun…

First, some basics about the fork. It has 3.5 inches of travel, 1/8th steerer tube and it is cut to 7 inches. V brakes only (no disk tabs).

Things I would be open to barter for (this is not an all inclusive list, use your imagination. You never know what kind of crap I would be willing to accept).

-An epic tale of my manliness. I will provide details about me if you wish to go this route.
-A heart warming plea of why you need the fork. It would be better if true, but if it’s not that’s ok too.
-A ship painted onto a piece of wood, or a model ship mounted on a piece of wood. Or maybe just a model ship. Hell, maybe just a piece of wood!
-Some sort of weird art work that you keep in the garage. If it depicts a van and topless woman on a black velvet then we sure as shit have a deal.
-A buddy jesus figurine
-A model of a space ship, preferably the Saturn 5 rocket. Can be assembled, or still in a kit.
-Some bull horns I could mount to the front of my truck would be pretty rad.
-Books? Ya’ll got some kick ass books you want to unload?
-How about some garden gnomes?
-Beer coozies, the more fluorescent the better!
-Anything beer or law related
-Industrial sized plastic wrap, or tinfoil
-Glamor photography.

Comments

ec - 07/29/12 - 2:12pm

No way this fork ever saw 3.5 inches of travel, either on a bike or while viewing acts of sex.

Topmounter - 07/29/12 - 8:40pm

This scheme works for cameras, Mac’s, motorcycles or pretty much anything w/ a site catering to that type of product… especially if they are suffering through a slow news day.

Rico - 07/29/12 - 9:21pm

Who wants a fork for a girl’s bike? Even if the owner is a guy. (sleepless in seattle?, Ben & Jerry?) That think will get all gooey the first time out.

cowbell - 07/29/12 - 11:13pm

ec: that was good…now I will drink myself to sleep

J - 07/30/12 - 7:43am

I don’t understand why this is on bikerumor. I’m not trying to be a troll, but this is utterly stupid and pointless. I understand it’s supposed to be a little humorous, but its pretty weak in that department. Lately I have really been noticing the decline of quality of articles on bikerumor, and this just furthers my opinion that bikerumor is starting to suck. Please get your crap together, bikerumor!

satisFACTORYrider - 07/30/12 - 12:05pm

@ ec – i agree but it was probably substituted and probably saw more action due to its a2c measurement.

Max - 07/30/12 - 2:28pm

J: It’s a funny link posted on a Sunday, when you normally wouldn’t even have gotten ANY article. Deal with it.

Sailor - 07/31/12 - 12:50am

@ J– Get a sense of humor–

Kathy - 09/25/12 - 7:39pm

I am a girl and need for my bike….can you send it to me?

Rod - 12/26/12 - 7:26pm

Do you still have the Manitou fork? I have a bike that it will work on and I could use it.
Thanks