Kryptonite Intros Mini Chain Lock, Evolution Series 4
For 2012, Kryptonite is dropping a new chain lock with the same color scheme as their Evolution locks. The Evolution Series 4 comes wrapped in a nylon sleeve to prevent bike scratchage. The chain itself is constructed of 3t manganese steel with 10mm six sided chain links. It’s special because the end link secures the chain to a deadbolt to provide extra protection. Three keys come with, one rockin’ a push button LED light.
Available in three sizes – the mini 21.5″ (55cm), 35.5″ (90cm) and 5.25′ (160cm) – pricing is $66.95, $76.95, and $99.95 respectively. Weight for the mini is 2kg. Kryptonite rates the lock as having 8/10 security rating, high enough for metro areas as long as you’re not locking up overnight.
Click ‘more’ for full specs…
- 10mm six-sided chain links made from 3t manganese steel
- Patent-pending end link design secures chain to hardened deadbolt eliminating critical vulnerability
- High security disc-style cylinder is pick and drill resistant
- Patented*, reinforced oval crossbar lock head
- Sliding dustcover protects and extends cylinder life
- 3 stainless steel keys – one LED lighted key with replaceable battery and 2 new, ergonomic ‘I” keys
- Durable weather-resistant nylon sleeve prevents scratches
- Key Safe Program
- Anti- Theft Protection: US & Canada Bicycle $2,250; US & Canada Powersport $750; UK Bicycle £1,000