Prototype (Lightweight) Sidi Ergo3 Road Cycling Shoes?

Prototype 2013 Sidi Ergo3 road cycling shoes get lightweight

Spotted over at Ciclismo-espresso.com, these presumably-prototype Sidi Ergo 3 road shoes look much, much slimmer than the current offering. The existing Ergo 3 uses a Velcro strap at the forefoot, a Boa-type cable closure in the middle and a buckle ratchet at the top for a rather chunky looking shoe. This not only looks better, it likely comes in much lighter. Hopefully they’ll keep the dedicated Speedplay outsole option, too!

Hat tip to Mike for the link!

Comments

Darwin - 07/11/12 - 10:06am

Looks great. I’ve been wearing Sidis for 30 + years. They need a cheaper dedicated Speedplay option too. Its only on their high end shoes now and not in mega sizes.

Steve M - 07/11/12 - 10:27am

Unfortunately my Ergo 1′s will far outlast me.

Walter - 07/11/12 - 10:30am

More important, it looks less prone to damage. I’ve replaced several buckle ratchets. Hope there will be an MTB-version too.

Meta - 07/11/12 - 11:20am

Sagan in the TDF is wearing a more finished version!

Tom - 07/11/12 - 11:43am

Meta is right, Sagan has a pair with a green stripe down the tongue with the boa style cable just like these.

@Darmin, shop around. I picked up my Ergo3 speedplays for $270 from xxcycle. Not cheap, but a far cry away from MRSP.

RUSTYDOGG - 07/11/12 - 1:41pm

I like the cable system over the velcro. Sidi user for 20+ years. The velcro always loses its stick before the shoe needs replacement. Had a awesome pair of Sidi mountain shoes that had all Techno buckles from 12 years ago. Silver magic shoes they were. Sole broke after years of abuse. I miss them.

DaleC - 07/11/12 - 5:07pm

Rustydogg – I had a similar shoe in blue and red. Still rocking them and love them.

Edward - 07/11/12 - 7:07pm

Sagan – Stage 6 2012 TdF. Looks like boa closure front/middle with ratchet as was the case in previous models on the back.

nick - 07/11/12 - 8:08pm

not just Sagan. most of the TOP Sidi pros are rolling them at TDF.

IJBCape - 07/11/12 - 10:45pm

I have a few thousand miles on the normal ergo 3 sp. Awesome shoe! MSRP is stupid high, but I managed to find it for discount online.

IJBCape - 07/11/12 - 10:48pm

That yellow boa version looks good.

Bolli - 07/12/12 - 5:00am

This is a photo posted by Filippo Pozzato last mont on Twitter. Pretty nice shoe..

Louis - 07/12/12 - 10:53am

Dammit, I just ditched my trusty old Genius 3s and decided not to go with a new pair because they had gotten so heavy and overbuilt. I like my Giro Prolights but they don’t have that ultra lux feel that a pair of Sidis do. I’ll be in line for these once the discount online prices arrive.