New Prototype Morpheus Carbon Downhill Bike
Morpheus bikes is hopping on the carbon DH bike trend. Pictured above is a very close to production frame which will be released towards the end of this year. The complete build pictured shown weighs 32.8 lbs. Retail is expected to be $3300 for a frame with a Cane Creek Double Barrel Shock or $4,900 complete.
The frame itself is extremely adjustable. It features the company’s patented telescopic rear dropout system which allows for chainstay adjustments between 16.5 and 18″. Travel is adjustable via extendable shock mounts anywhere from 180 to 225mm. The BB can also be adjusted anywhere from 13.6 to 14.6″ and the head angle is also adjustable from 62.8 to 65.5 and any angle in between. Stand over is 27.5.”
There is zero chain growth due to the concentric BB pivot, so if you’re hard on derailleurs, you can run this bike single speed without a chain tensioner.
Head past the break for the bullet points.
- Available in December.
- Retail price will be aprx $3,300 with shock.
- Internal cable routing
- Travel adjustable anywhere from 180mm to 225 mm
- Head angle adjustable from 62.8 to 65.5 degrees
- Bottom bracket height adjustable from 13.6 to 14.6″
- Chainstay adjustable anywhere from 16.5 to 18.0 inches
- Concentric bb pivot allows for simple single speed conversion
- 27.5″ standover height