- CUBE Bikes is having their 2nd Annual CUBE Bike Days at the Mayrhofen-Hippach resort in Austria. From June 21st-24th you can try out CUBE’s lineup of bikes on guided tours, participate in a bike rally, and enjoy a fun weekend of parties and events with fellow cyclists. Participation is free, lodging and lift tickets are not.
- The Junior Racing Foundation is sponsoring a Sister City Challenge between the high schools of Oakland, CA, and Fukuoka, Japan. Four weeks of track racing practice and instruction starts on June 20th at the Hellyer Velodrome, followed by 4 weeks of racing between Oakland area high schools. The winning team gets to travel to Japan for an August 14th event with Fukuoka area high schools. Alternately, the top Fukuoka team gets to travel to Oakland for an August 22nd event with qualifying area high schools. This program is free to participants! Sponsorship opportunities available.
More giveaways and parties and contests after the break…
- Performance Bike is celebrating their 30th year in business by giving you a chance to win a trip to the 2013 Santos Tour Down Under in Australia this January. Winner receives two roundtrip tickets to Australia from LA, lodging for 5 nights, 2-4 stages of race viewing, attendance at the Club Tour Dinner, and other various awesome things because they’ll be free! Entry deadline is June 24th. winner will be announced July 23rd
- Register for any Team Livestrong event by June 24th and you will be automatically entered to win a chance to ride with Lance at the Team Livestrong Challenge in Austin, TX, on October 21st.
- The “world’s largest human powered music festival”, the San Francisco Bicycle Music Festival, will be held on June 23rd. This is a free, all-ages, all-day event.
- Join Yuba Bicycles in Sausalito, CA, on Wednesday, June 27th, as they unveil their Boda Boda Cargo Cruiser. It will be an evening of fun for all with bikes, food, and music! If you would like to enter to win a free Boda Boda, draw a picture of what you think it will look like and email it by June 22nd. Winner will be whoever guesses most accurately and will be announced at the unveiling party.
- Clif Bar is kicking off their 6th Annual 2-Mile Challenge. Clif Bar is asking you to ride your bike instead of driving your car for every trip you need to take that’s 2 miles or less – and for each trip logged, Clif Bar will donate $1 to a regional bicycle advocacy group.
- Clif Bar is sponsoring another challenge with the website Good.is – this one is the Get Your Neighbors On Their Bikes challenge. Enter your creative idea to “get your neighbors on their bikes” by June 11th and the idea with the most votes wins a $1000 grant to implement their idea.
- The 2nd Annual Ale For The Trail – a trail fund raising and beer tasting event – will be held in Nashville, TN, on Friday, June 15th. CMA Award nominee Keith Anderson will be providing the music and Lynskey has donated a bike for the raffle! $35 donation for tickets, must be 21 or older. Raffle tickets are $10 each and you do not need to be present to win.