2013 Kona Rove Sneak Peek – Chromoly Steel All Purpose Cyclocross Touring Bike
The first preview of Kona’s 2013 lineup has just ‘crossed our desks – the Rove is their all-purpose cyclocross bike that’s designed to tackle any terrain you point the wheels toward.
The frame is prepped for racks and fenders, a tall bottom bracket and a forgiving chromoly steel frame and fork. It’s designed with plenty of tire clearance, too, accommodating 45c tires in the open or 40c with fenders. It’ll come spec’d with mechanical disc brakes and retail for just $1,699 complete. Available late summer. Click on through for more pics and the build spec…
Straight leg chromoly fork. Is it just us, or does the unfinished look totally rock?
- Sram Apex drivetrain with 36-46t, 11-32t gearing and 110mm BCD
- 44cm Kona Road bar
- Kona Cromoly straight blade fork, with oversized crown, low-rider mounts, and IS disc mounts
- 700x35c Freedom Ryder tires
- Hayes V-Series CX-5 mechanical disc brakes with 140mm rotors
- Key geometry numbers: 435mm chainstays, 73° seat tube, 72° headtube, and a 58.5cm toptube (size 59cm).
- It’s also important to note that the frame will accept a 700x45c tire without fenders, or a 40c with fenders
- Six sizes: 47, 49, 53, 56, 59, 61cm
More on their COG blog.