Spotted: New Teva Links Hightops and Colorways

Nestled amongst this veritable garden of black and purple Teva’s was a pure gem – a yet to be released hightop. I’m a sucker for the extra protection against rolled ankles offered by hightops, so this new mid-length option is a welcome sight. Interested in how they feel? Check out Zach’s first impressions of the low tops here.

Also on display was a new, all black, colorway for the low top Teva Link. The muted color schemes of these two new kicks are a welcome break from the frequently flashy offerings from other firms.

Pictures after the break…

New High Top in Black

Low Tops in New Black Colorway

Comments

trestlehed - 04/16/12 - 2:39pm

What is with these shoe companies and bike shoes? Neon purple, teal green, etc.
Last year I tried on a ton of shoes at a LBS. The most comfortable set of shoes (not Tevas) were bright red with shiny metallic silver. I didn’t buy them as I wasn’t looking to wear Captain Eo/Michael Jackson tribute shoes while riding.

Shoe companies PLEASE! Make us shoes in more natural/neutral colors and watch your sales skyrocket!

NPW - 04/16/12 - 6:24pm

Actually, these are about the most subdued color schemed shoes on the market. Not bad at all. I’d wear them.

NPW - 04/16/12 - 6:26pm

Oh, and I might add, a close reading of the article, and a quick look at the last picture, will demonstrate that Teva has put out an all black shoe. Can’t get more neutral than that.

stratosrally - 04/16/12 - 7:29pm

@trestlehed – I hear you about the flashy colors. Take a look at the Teva Pinner, same features as the Link except no mesh or waterproofing, but come in very muted earthtones – and they’re cheaper. You could try a weather-resistant spray on the Pinner. Also, the new low top Link pictured at the very bottom is all-black, no teal trim. I’m hoping the high top Link will also come in all black, no teal trim.

satisFACTORYrider - 04/17/12 - 8:11am

Look @ Vans’ Gravel shoes, put strait line pins on your flats and smile.

Izzy - 04/17/12 - 8:34pm

Finally! A plain black shoe from Teva. The first color schemes were just horrible!