- Bo Jackson does bikes, and is biking ‘Bama April 24th-28th to raise money for the Governor’s Emergency Relief Fund of Alabama that supports the victims of the 2011 tornadoes. Trek is sponsoring him with 5 bikes – one for each leg of his ride – that will feature the names of the over 200 Alabamans who lost their lives. Bo will autograph each of the bikes and they will be auctioned after the ride. Alabama and Auburn fans take note: two of the bikes will feature your venerable school’s colors! Check his website for details of the auction and to learn how you can ride with Bo to support the cause.
- Jenson USA is having their annual bicycle clearance sale with up to 53% off complete bikes. Hurry, sale ends March 31st!
- Also ending March 31st is Hill Killer Apparel’s contest to win a new cycling jersey.
- Want to race on the island home to the man from the Isle of Man? You know who we’re talking about, but this is a mountain bike race running from one end of the isle to the other, making you a real man. The End 2 End is September 9th, 2012. All 1700 positions are sold out, but check the website for their Entry Exchange Forum, or, if you’re an Elite level racer contact the organizers with your stats.
- Batdorf & Bronson coffee roasters is asking you to design their team t-shirt for Olympia, Washington’s annual Bicycle Commuter Challenge. Entries must be submitted by April 16th. If they select your design, you can win a three-month coffee subscription and a t-shirt with your design on it.
- The Commencal online store is now available in English.
- The Ride Connection wants to help you find someone to ride with in your area.
- Thinking of riding your bike out in CA Wine Country? Click on to read San
LouisLuis Obispo County’s list of top 5 cycling adventures:
Top 5 Cycling Adventures in Wine Coast Country:
- Bob Jones City to the Sea Bike Trail is paved and smooth, and winds through forested valleys along San Luis Obispo Creek toward Avila Beach.
- Bluff Trail and Islay Creek in Montaña de Oro State Park is great for mountain biking. This three-mile loop follows Pecho Valley Road and is an ideal warm-up trail for cyclists who plan to ride more difficult trails in the park.
- Cambria Challenge for road bikes. With an ever-changing landscape and breathtaking views, Cambria is ideal for avid road cyclists. Anticipate two major climbs, some steep descents and rolling hills with some flats.
- Tiffany Ranch Road loop in Edna Valley offers a scenic tour through the San Luis Obispo Wine Region. Riders can expect hills at the end of the valley and winds from the north in the afternoon. Crossing the valley at Biddle Ranch Road can make a shorter ride.
- Morro Bay Ramble near the famous Morro Rock takes you through wilderness of Morro Bay State Park, then through the streets and Embarcadero of this charming seaside town. Riders can expect mostly uncrowded roads, but on weekends South Bay Boulevard and downtown Morro Bay can have some heavy traffic.