DIMAR Kinetic-One C780 Claims to be World’s Lightest “Production” Road Bike
With NAHBS just behind us, we saw some pretty darn lightweight road bikes, particularly the Crumpton and Rob English models. And both weighed in lighter than the Dimar Kinetic-One C780, which is also a full custom bike, making the “production” part of the claim a bit different than, say, the Cannondales, BH’s and Cervelos we’ve seen.
The Dimar Kinetic-One combines the efforts of two companies to create not just a lightweight bike, but one that’s fit specifically to you. Frame weight start at just 780g, hence the model name, and are hand built by Dimar HBM in Italy. Before any construction takes place, you start out with a 3D video fit at Kinetic-One in the UK. Measurements are sent to Dimar, and in a few weeks your frame is sent back to KO for component fitting and assembly. The end result, if you have the means, is a complete bike as light as 10.86lbs (small, claimed).
Click through for pricing and spec list…
Kinetic-One readily admits this build is going to be expensive, and they do offer a options to keep it reasonable. Comparatively reasonable, that is. Complete bikes start at £8,999, but the “ultimate package” as listed runs about £13,012.
- Frame: Dimar HBM c780gram hand made carbon (weight for small frame)
- Fork: Scapula SP fork (260 grams) – weights with 200mm steeerer.
- Groupset: SRAM RED
- Cassette: KCNC Ti (103g)
- Wheels: Reynolds RZR 46 tubular (910 grams)
- Tyres: Tufo Elite Jet Tubular 340 grams pair
- Headset: KCNC 51 grams
- Bars: Ritchey Superlogic 180 grams
- Stem: Ritchey Superlogic 92 grams
- Seatpost: ISP with External KCNC clamp (102 grams)
- Saddle: Gipiemme stealth full carbon – padded 134 grams
- Headset spacers: KCNC 13 grams
- QR Skewers: KCNC 42 grams
Because they’re full custom, you can get it with internal cable routing, Di2 wiring ports or anything else.
Of course, there’s still this World’s Lightest Road Bike setting the benchmark.