Video: Rocky Hell Road By BasqueMTB

Doug from BasqueMTB sent us his latest video of a ride on “Rocky Hell Road” in the Basque countryside between Spain and France:

“Today my good friend Carlos and I took our Cove G-Spots up, and down, a local mountain. The descent is only around 1000m, however it is unrelentingly rocky and technical. Both climb and descent are a big physical challenge. Contrary to the soundtrack there are no “big jumps”, only normal mountain biking! … You can read more about this route over on the BasqueMTB website.”

(Note: the Basque countryside is in the northernmost part of Spain next to the border of France.)

Comments

RoyceB - 02/20/12 - 9:34pm

Awesome video with incredible scenery. I love seeing ‘real world’ riders and how they just love to ride. Just like me!

WV Cycling - 02/20/12 - 10:57pm

“ONLY” 1000m…. *Jealous*

Basquian - 02/21/12 - 2:34am

Harry - 02/21/12 - 3:49am

If you like rock gardens…fuhgeddaboudit!

Kristibee - 02/21/12 - 7:17am

Sorry, Basquian – that’s what we meant, we’ll clarify.

Operandi - 02/21/12 - 8:46pm

That’s quite the ride, also nice video work, and nice music as well. Nice work!

Sinman - 02/21/12 - 8:50pm

Nice to see just regular riding! A tough route, but no back flips or 10 ft. drops!

James - 02/22/12 - 12:23am

“Basquian – 02/21/12 – 2:34am
Just a mistake in the text: the Basque Country is not an independent country (today), it is an spanish region, so it is not between Spain and France. It IS Spain.”

Funny, I’m pretty sure the narrator did that “mistake” on purpose, since a lot of people from the Basque area don’t consider themselves Spanish, or the Basque country part of Spain, even though it is.

Basque Doug - 02/22/12 - 4:38pm

Thanks for the comments everyone! It was a fun ride. We actually rode from France, into Spain, back into France, into Spain a bit and then back into France. I guess that’s why the ride was described as between Spain and France. For what it’s worth I’m neither Basque, French or Spanish… I’m originally from beautiful Scotland although I now live in the Basque country ;-)