Thanks to Luna Pro Team’s Chris Mathis, we’ve got pics and a full spec run down on 2011 Mountain Bike World Champion Catharine Pendrel’s 2012 Orbea Alma. Fully built with pedals, computer, etc., it’s weighing in at 20.5 lbs ready to race. Skip past the break for the deets…
- Frame – Orbea Alma Gold Small
- Fork – Fox 32 FIT Inertia Valve 100mm, 9mm open dropout
- Cranks – Shimano XTR M980 170mm 40-28
- Pedal – Shimano XTR Race
- Rear Der – Shimano XTR M985 GS Shadow Plus
- Front Der – Shimano XTR double low clamp
- Shifter – Shimano XTR
- Brakes – Shimano XTR Race
- Saddle – Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio
- Stem – Shimano Pro XCR 90mm -10 degree
- Bar – Shimano Pro XCR Riser Carbon
- Grip – Shimano Pro XCR White
- Wheel – Mavic CrossMax SLR
- Tire – Maxxis Ikon 26×2.2 with EXO Protection
- Cassette – Shimano XTR 11-34
- BB – Enduro Bearing adapter kit
- Headset – FSA Orbit Z
A Vetta computer rounds things out. The white Nokon cables get a little gold bling inserted for fun.
Until Shimano jumps on the BB30 bandwagon, such bikes will require a 3rd party adapter. Here, they’ve used custom etched Endura BB adapters.
How’d you’d like to look over and read that while standing in the start gate?