Cycling’s Week on the Web
Paris to Allow Cyclists To Run Red Lights:
After having this tested in other cities with no reported rise in accidents, Paris is giving it a try. This new law will allow cyclists to turn right or go straight ahead when the traffic light is red. In running a red, the cyclist must yield to all pedestrians along with traffic coming from the left. If any accidents do happen, the cyclist is at fault. Check out the original article here at DailyMail.
Girl Bike Love is a website that focuses on the female rider. They ask the question in this article, “Why Does it Matter if Women Ride Bikes?” They focus on 5 main points:
- Women Are Changemakers: Women share experiences with others, and in doing so, greatly influence change.
- Women Are Integral To Lifestyle Education: Women have the greatest impact on future generations. Mothers are the most influential people.
- Women Make Financial Decisions: Women buy things and are the centers of finance in many households. Studies show that 85% of all purchases are controlled by women.
- Women Are Ambassadors for the Sport: Women cycle for the love of it and can spread the love.
- Women Are the Future of Cycling: Women can help build strong communities that expand the cycling industry.
Read further into these points at the original article on GirlBikeLove.
SRAM’s Rotating Dual Line Hook
SRAM’s Rotating Dual Line Hook is a nifty gadget for fastening cables if you want to get away from using e-tape and zip tie. Their purpose is pretty simple, to hold cables together. They are easily removable and reusable. Pricing is $8 for a 4 pack if you can spare the change. Check out a review of them here at Bicycling.
UCI cyclocross calendar announced for next year. The UCI World Championships are in Louisville, KY. Full listing of dates on Cyclocross magazine’s website.
If you are looking at doing some re-uphostery (or are creating the couch of your dreams), Spoonflower has a bunch of bike-themed fabrics. The prices and styles greatly vary. Also, if you aren’t down to buy fabric, you can sell your fabric designs on Spoonflower Thanks Urbanvelo for the original post. Click here to visit Spoonflower to check out more bike fabrics.
DZR released the Minna in January, but this weekend only are offering a free pair on their Facebook page. They are SPD compatible, leather and canvas material, and have a high luminosity reflective badge. $95 for a pair on their website.
State Bicycle Company Poster Contest
State Bicycle Company sells fixies and is giving away a free one in exchange for a sweet poster design. Contest ends on March 8th 2012. More details at State’s website.