Do you disco? On-One’s new Dirty Disco carbon ‘cross frameset

At the same time as reestablishing US manufacture of Titus frames, the folks from England’s On-One/Planet X have been working towards establishing a beachhead in the US- oh, and releasing a sub-$800 disc-compatible cyclocross frame.  Slackers.

Arriving in the Yorkshire-based company’s Portland, Oregon, warehouse in two weeks, the Dirty Disco has already made it’s mark at the epic Three Peaks Cyclocross race and seems to tick all the right boxes for a bargain-priced ‘cross disc frame / foul weather commuter.  If it rides anything like my old Il Pompino, it’ll be a blast.  Click though for more details and gauzy photographs…

Here are the raw specs, straight from On-One:

• 135mm rear / 100mm front (standard mountain disc) dropout spacing
  • 160mm rotor compatibility
  • Clearance for up to 40c tires (tyres?)
  • English (of course) BB
  • 31.6 seatpost
  • 1 1/8in stem
  • Customer-applied (or not) decals
  • 34.9mm front derailleur

How about some geometry?

No final weight yet, but the Dirty Disco is available for pre-order here.

shop.titusti.com (USA)

www.on-one.co.uk (international)

Comments

mike - 10/19/11 - 9:55am

bullseye, this is what I’ll be racing cross on in 1012.

mike - 10/19/11 - 9:56am

I mean 2012

Paul - 10/19/11 - 10:38am

If they had put fender and rack eyes on this they would have sold thousands of these.
We are all looking for the perfect fast commuter, and this is so nearly it!

AlexK. - 10/19/11 - 11:21am

@Mike – OLD SCHOOL!

Collin S - 10/19/11 - 11:24am

Actually there are alot of companies now using this frameYou can actually buy it directly from the manufactor from china (ICAN sports Equipment) (CAD drawings/deminsions are the exact same) for a bit cheaper, plus you can specify the BB standard and weave type. I ordered one up last week and hopefully should be getting mine soon.

RL - 10/19/11 - 12:25pm

Interesting frame for the not-so-tall riders.
576 for the longest top tube? Too short for me.

Justin - 10/19/11 - 2:22pm

Can’t run a 140mm rear rotor? Booo.

mike - 10/19/11 - 10:28pm

Justin, I’ve been racing 160/160 bb7′s . love em. supreme braking control in any conditions. I wouldn’t use a 140 in the back and I have the option. If only my old redline disc frame didn’t weigh as much as a horse.

Collin, let me know what you think after you get your grubby little hands on it.

travis - 10/25/11 - 3:56pm

Just ordered for my daily commuter!

John - 06/08/12 - 5:52pm

mike, I have to disagree with your choice of disc dia. front to rear. My opinion is that the rear disc should always be smaller than the front disc diameter. Due to weight transfer to the front wheel the rear wheel will not have sufficient weight on the contact patch to utilize the potential power of that brake. All things being equal otherwise, to have equal dia. discs front & rear would be a waste of energy for the 160mm rear disc is heavier than a similar 140mm disc. This extra weight would also be rotational weight which is approx. equal (feel & acceleration wise) to twice static weight (weight on the bike that is not in the wheels). On a suspension bike this would also have the added benefit of lower unsprung weight, which would lead to better suspension performance and greater traction.

travis - 01/10/13 - 11:35am

Agreed with the eyelets. I had Ruckus add eyelets to my dirty disco about a year ago (along with a set of their carbon fiber fenders). The bike has been solid as an all-season daily commuter.