Pacenti Unveils 28mm Tubeless Mountain Bike Rim for 26″, 650B and 29er

Pacenti Designs TL28 tubeless mountain bike rims for 26 inch 650B and 29er wheels with 28mm wide rim profile

Kirk Pacenti just sent over a few images and details on their new TL28 tubeless mountain bike rims for 26″, 650B and 29er wheels.

The rims have a massive 28mm wide exterior width and 23mm internal gap. They measure just 18mm tall, giving them a solid balance between width and light weight. The 26″ rim comes in at just 360g, and the 650B and 29er are 409g and 438g respectively.

UPDATE: Just heard back from Kirk: Price will be $85.00 each, likely available through a dealer direct/consumer direct model.

Click through for a cross section photo and more…

The rims are designed with all mountain/trail bikes in mind, so their light weight doesn’t limit them to XC-only use. All sizes are welded construction, black anodized, 32 hole and made for disc brakes only.

Pricing isn’t final, but they’ll be available in mid-November 2011.

Comments

Adam - 10/13/11 - 11:30am

So is Pacenti taking a step back from their P35?
I have those rims on my 29er now, and while they might be a little soft, they’re AMAZING.

Steve - 10/13/11 - 11:31am

And eyeletted to boot.

ringding - 10/13/11 - 11:39am

Are they “true” tubeless rims = sealed spoke bed or do they utilize tape or a rim strip to seal? The article does not say. Not a big deal either way, but it would be nice to note in the text.

Have to applaud Krik – he keeps pushing the 650B agenda. It’s a viable option for some folks, but it the movement needs a mainstream suspension maker behind it to deliver a fork.

Jason - 10/13/11 - 12:01pm

Awesome. Particularly excited about the 650b version for myself. Will these be available through the IBD distribution network or direct only?

Sevo - 10/13/11 - 1:16pm

P35 is a project with Velocity, so thus coming up with one under his own brand would be a conflict of interest.

Greg - 10/13/11 - 2:03pm

The 29er rim falls nicely between the weight of Stan’s ZTR Crest and Arch. If the price is similiar, they could be a standout product. (I love the weight of my ZTR Crest wheelset, but I would like something that’s a bit tougher without fully going to the Arch.)

stratosrally - 10/13/11 - 2:44pm

Very cool, I can now upgrade my Haro Beasley 1×9 650B wheels. Saving the Weinmann Discovery stock wheels for street use – need to pick up some slicks for ‘em… Keep the new stuff coming, Kirk!

James - 10/13/11 - 3:53pm

Good stuff..
A better quality 35mm+ rim would be nice, ie a welded, anodised P35-style rim. I love my P35 29er wheels but I only went for the rim based on width/weight. How about a TL35 or wider, under 600g?

WannaBeSTi - 10/14/11 - 8:16pm

Kirk has been in my shop a few time this summer. From my conversations with him, I’m amazed 650b’s haven’t caught on more here in the states.

Kirk, if you read this…how’d that sealant work?

RCB

Kirk P. - 10/15/11 - 10:20am

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Morpheous - 12/01/11 - 3:55am

One hoop to rule them all!