Help Handsome Get Their Stolen Bikes Back!

These posts bum me out, but hopefully getting the word out will help the folks at Handsome Cycles get reunited with their bikes. If you see one, you know what to do.

From Handsome:

STOLEN HANDSOMES!!!!!
Last night the Handsome office was broken into. 2 bikes were stolen. A new 2012 XOXO and my personal SPEEDY Devil.

The XOXO is easy to spot as NO ONE else in the world has one. It has a NuVinci rear hub, a ton of Velo Orange parts and a one of a kind custom made Handsome quill stem with an H engraved into the faceplate.

The Speedy is my (Ben) personal bike. It is the first proto-type we made, and I am absolutely crushed that it is gone. Has a Thomson seatpost and stem, Paul Components brakes, levers and cranks, Civia bar, and Fyxation grips and seat.

WE WANT THESE BACK AND ARE PLACING A BOUNTY ON THE HEADS OF THE F*CK*RS WHO TOOK THEM. YOU GET US OUR BIKES BACK AND WE WILL GIVE YOU A CUSTOM HANDSOME COMPLETE OF YOUR CHOICE. SPREAD THE WORD.

Comments

Jason - 09/08/11 - 6:57pm

Noooo; I read this as I’m rebuilding my own speedy devil for cross season. Bad bike theives!

Dave - 09/08/11 - 10:00pm

I bet you get the bikes back with a reward like that.

Trevor - 09/08/11 - 11:25pm

Have you ever noticed a pattern of “one-of-a-kind” bicycles stolen from company headquarters, transporters, etc. as Interbike approaches? I’m just saying.

Ryan - 09/09/11 - 6:14am

Where exactly were these stolen from?

Kristibee - 09/09/11 - 7:38am

Ryan, Handsome is in Minneapolis, MN.

Jake - 09/09/11 - 9:54am

Heart sick. For stuff like this, it’s usually perpetrated by someone “in the know”. Not saying it’s an employee but….perhaps a former employee? Also, have any deliveries where the driver could have seen the bikes or construction work done on the offices? Electrician, plumber, carpenter, cable guy…etc.?

Brandon - 09/09/11 - 12:14pm

You’d think that someone “in the know” would actually know better than to steal a couple one-of-a-kind bikes. They are a lot easier to track and/or spot than production bikes. The thieves probably didn’t know that they were one-of-a-kind. Saying that, I do hope that since they are so unique, that they can actually be found and the people responsible will be held responsible.

Topmounter - 09/09/11 - 12:22pm

Was a police report filed? I’m not seeing anything in the local Minneapolis news or on the police blotter.

Ben Morrison - 09/09/11 - 3:25pm

I can gurantee you it wasn’t an “inside job” we have exactly zero ex-employees as the Handsome ship is completely steered by the 4 of us. Our door was pried open with a bar and the coffee roaster next to us got their windows smashed in. Both police report filed. Hoping that they are unique enough that someone will notice them. Not the way we wanted to unveil the new 2012 XOXO but what ya gonna do?

Maple Leafs - 09/09/11 - 3:36pm

Had couple of bikes stolen. Went to the police station to file a report.
This is what they told me….”Why bother filing, it’s most likely in Mexico by now.”

Topmounter - 09/09/11 - 7:16pm

Glad to hear it’s on the level… with all the “viral marketing geniuses” nowadays, you never know.