Icarus Lights creates Di2 USB Rechargeable Internal battery
Pat Gerke is know for Icarus Lights. He has designed a bike light that can be totally customized to your riding style. His next project is just as cool. When FairWheel bikes came to Pat with a new challenge he was excited. That challenge was to build a better Di2 battery that could be mounted internally. His solution is what we have pictured above. The cylinder fits 31.6 seat posts, but custom cases can be made. While the case on this pre-production model is clear plastic, I am told the production models will use a thin walled aluminum.
Past the break you will find the tech details, and a photo of a pretty slick custom install.
The Technical Details:
- Retail price is $150.00
- Available with both External USB port or Internal USB port (for affixing in Seat Post)
- Charge via a Micro USB port (Cable with the battery) So you can charge it with the same cable as your smart phone, etc.
- They have a capacity of 900mAh, which is 150% more than the stock Di2 batteries. Good for up to 6 months battery life.
- The weight of the prototypes is 88grams, including the cells, casing and charger. Final production weight should be similar.
- Charge time from a complete drain is approximately 4 hours
- Designed to fit inside all standard 31.6 Seat posts. Custom casings can be worked out as well.
At this time, Pat does not have the information up on his website. However, if you would like to inquire about, or purchase the battery pack you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.