We finally got some photos of Formula’s 2012 RO (Radial master cylinder / Oval piston) brakes. After posting the initial specs, images were put on hold, but now they’re in the open.
Using a new high volume master cylinder and ovalized pistons, the RO replaces The One and is said to offer 15% more power than the outgoing XC model, on par with 4-piston models. Bullet points and photos after the break…
- Forged Flip-Flop Ergo-Radial Body
- Forged lever blade w/ integrated tool free reach adjust.
- Ultra High Capacity Reservoir
- Optional FCS adjuster (lever free stroke)
- Optional MiXmaster for mating X series shifters directly to the MC.
- Industry First Oval Caliper Pistons provide the power of a 4 piston caliper with a stiffer more compact design.
- 15% more power than TheONE.
- Forged Caliper body
- Top loading high performance sintered metallic pads
- Vented caliper
- 1pcs : 160, 180, 203
- 2pcs: 160, 180, 203 – 2 piece rotors increase brake performance and rotor durability.
- Weight: 337g
- Price: TBD