UPDATE: We’re waiting on pics from Formula.
Formula has just unveiled their new R.O. hydraulic mountain bike disc brakes, which replaces The One as their main downhill stopper.
The name is an abbreviation for Radial Master Cylinder / Oval Piston, which pretty much sums up the key differences between it and The One. Formula says it’s the first oval shaped caliper pistons and that they provide the power of a 4-piston caliper but with a stiffer, more compact design. Numbers wise, it translates to 15% more power than The One. It has a vented, forged caliper body with top loading sintered metallic pads.
The master cylinder uses a forged, flip-flop “Ergo Radial” body with an “ultra high capacity” reservoir. The lever blade is forged, and you have the option of getting it with their FCS (free stroke adjust) and MiXmaster mounts for attaching SRAM’s X-series shifters directly to the master cylinder, keeping the cockpit sparse and clean.
Rotor info, weights, more pics and all that info in convenients bullet point form after the break…
- Forged Flip-Flop Ergo-Radial Body
- Forged lever blade w/ integrated tool free reach adjust.
- Ultra High Capacity Reservoir
- Optional FCS adjuster (lever free stroke)
- Optional MiXmaster for mating X series shifters directly to the MC.
- Industry First Oval Caliper Pistons provide the power of a 4 piston caliper with a stiffer more compact design.
- 15% more power than TheONE.
- Forged Caliper body
- Top loading high performance sintered metallic pads
- Vented caliper
- 1pcs : 160, 180, 203
- 2pcs: 160, 180, 203 – 2 piece rotors increase brake performance and rotor durability.
- Weight: 337g
- Price: TBD