Ahrens Bicycles and 324 Labs has taken the brainchild of racer Tim Canaard and brought it to life as an alternative go-between for running your road levers with hydraulic disc brakes. While it may look big, the system only adds approximately 4g to the 277g claimed weight of Formula’s R1 brake system after removing the levers. Considering a road caliper and the cable and housing isn’t far below that weight, total mass gain is negligible, but you gain some serious stopping power!
324 LABS is now accepting pre-orders for the system with introductory pricing set at $140 and includes:
- Left Clamp, Split Style, 31.8mm, Hard Anodized aluminum
- Right Clamp, Split Style, 31.8mm, Hard Anodized aluminum
- Actuator Arm, Formula R1 brake, Hard Anodized aluminum
- Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- Wheels Manufacturing CNC Machined Brake Ferrules
324 Labs says pre-orders should be ready to ship at the end of the month, giving you just enough time to order up a disc ready cyclocross frame. Moots will make one for you. Just sayin’.
Check out tech drawings, order info and more details here.