After teasing the market for a while, it’s official. SRAM is now offering a DH specific XO group. Many of the components that have been put through the rigors of the pro downhill circuit as Blackbox components, are now available to the public. The DH XO group is not replacing the standard XO, but adding to the versatility of the group.
Not only does this mark SRAM’s first DH specific rear derailleur, but also their first carbon DH race crank as well. Through the combination of the sub-800g carbon crank and short cage cassette, SRAM claims the XO DH group reaches a new level of stiffness and shifting reliability even under the toughest conditions.
Want to know more about XO DH? Check it out after the break!
Fortunately for SRAM’s development of XO DH, they have quite the list of sponsored athletes willing to dish out as much punishment as the parts can take. Development of the XO DH group has been ongoing for a while, with Peaty first winning on a prototype 10 speed XO group in 2009. Since then, much more development has passed, resulting in the polished group you see here.
SRAM X0 10-Speed DH Rear Derailleur
- SRAM Exact Actuation for precise and dependable 10-speed performance
- Designed to work with any cassette up to 28-tooth large cog
- Exceptional shifting performance
- Lightweight, durable, and reliable
- Compatible with any 10-speed Exact Actuation shifter.
- 2 graphic colors: New Silver and Red
Truvativ X0 10-Speed DH Crank
- The world’s first Carbon DH crank weighs just 750g, including Bottom Bracket (GXP83, 165mm, 36 ring)
- Lightest single ring available is made of 7075 CNC alloy, 34, 36, or 38 teeth
- Available in 170 and 165mm arm lengths
- All new DH30 spindle for 83mm Press Fit 30 shells
- Available in GXP, Press Fit GXP, 73 and 83mm spindles
- Lightest-in-class composite construction with forged aluminum spider and high strength 7075 T6 alloy pedal lug
- 2 graphic colors: New Silver and Red
Truvativ Giga X Pipe (GXP) Team
- Gutter Seal Technology drastically improves sealing against the elements
- Friction free design and reduced seal drag
- Custom steel bearings. Tungsten finish
- Low profile shape
NEW TRUVATIV X0 CHAIN GUIDE
This is the result of the collaboration between MRP and Sram that we have posted before on the site. The guide is built by MRP to SRAM’s specs.
- MRP replaceable Skid Plate Design. Truss design adds strength while reducing weight
- Upper and lower guide including sealed bearing pulley provide full chain retention
- Easy Installation. Front-access, single-bolt positioning of upper and lower guide with captive hardware
- Lightweight aluminum mounting plate
- Low profile installation compatible with wide range of chain lines
- Available in BB-Mount, ISCG or ISCG 05 mounting standards
- Two Sizes: 36-40 Tooth Capacity and 32-36 Tooth Capacity
- Available in black or white
SRAM X0 10-Speed Trigger Shifter
- SRAM’s Exact Actuation for precise and dependable 10-speed performance
- 116g – super lightweight
- Impulse Technology
- Precise rider fit with the first patented multi-adjustable trigger shifter
- MatchMaker and MatchMaker X compatible
- 3 graphic colors available: New Silver, Black, Red
Avid X0 Brakes
Interestingly, the XO brakes didn’t receive the same treatment to the lever that the new Elixir 7, 9, XX, and XXWC all saw. They do get the new HS1 rotor, but the brakes themselves don’t seem all that different save for an apparently new lever blade.
- TaperBore Technology
- Detented; tool free Contact Adjustment
- Reach and banjo Adjust
- MatchMaker X compatible
- Forged aluminum caliper
- Forged aluminum lever body
- New carbon lever blades
- New HS1 Rotor
SRAM PG-1070 Cassette
With nothing to distinguish the MTB PG-1070 cassette from the PG-1070 cassette that is already produced for road, there is a good chance they are one and the same.
- The PowerGlide™ 1070 cassette offers an innovative approach to 10 speed cassette design.
- Optimized by tooth profile and shift ramp design for quick and positive index shifting.
- The cassette shifts efficiently and positively in all high performance situations.
- Features a semi-spidered construction for a maximum stiffness to weight ratio and is available in seven optimized configurations to best match a wide variety of uses