LiveStrong Edition Giro Aeon Helmet
If you haven’t heard, Giro recently launched a brand new helmet, the Aeon, at the start of the Tour of Flanders. The Aeon is sort of the lovechild between the Giro Ionos and Prolight, as it combines the fit and security of the Ionos, while being put on a Prolight diet. This results in an incredible weight loss of nearly 100 grams, or about 28% lighter than the Ionos.
Initially, the Aeon was reported to be available in 8 different colorways, with 3 of those being the special edition World Championship Stripes, the Garmin Cervelo, and the Team Rabobank edition. Now another paint scheme has surfaced in the form of a LiveStrong edtion, which is now seemingly standard for all of Giro’s high end lids.
Jump past the break for a few more angles of this beautiful helmet!
• A redesigned Thermoformed SL Roll Cage™ – 49% lighter than previous composite designs. The new cage allows maximum vent size while helping the helmet to retain structure in the event of an impact.
• Roc Loc® 5 Fit System allows rider to easily dial?in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand thanks to a ratcheting, micro?adjusting dial.
• Ultra?light “Slimline” Webbing
• X?Static® Padding fights odor?causing bacteria
• 3 Super Fit™ Sizes: S, M, L (will accommodate 98% of human population)
• Certified to CPSC standard
• Available for purchase in eight colorways including three limited editions: World Champion, Garmin?Cervélo, and Rabobank.
To purchase the Giro Aeon Helmet, visit your local dealer or Giro online at http://www.giro.com/us_en/.
The LiveStrong Aeon is currently not up on Giro’s website, so it isn’t clear if they plan on selling it to the public, or if it is simply a special edition for the LiveStrong U23 team. My guess is if they have enough interest, it will certainly be available in the future.