10 Speed Twist Shifter For SRAM and Shimano Dynasys!

While SRAM is mum on whether they’ll ever introduce a twist shifter for the 2×10 drivetrains, and we’re guessing Shimano is not really working on it, we just (finally) found some that were designed specifically for the new breed of 10 speed mountain bike drivetrains.

DK-Lites, the Asian distributor for them, sent over some images of the Recon CX-10 (SRAM) and SXTR (Shimano Dynasys) 10 speed twist shifters. If you’re interested, you can contact DK-Lite’s Doddy on their facebook page. Price is $45 plus $15.90 shipping to the U.S. He says he rides both and they work smoothly, but we’re hoping to get our own set in here for review. More pics and details after the break…

dk lites recon 10 speed gripshift twist shifters for 2x10 shimano dynasys drivetrains

dk lites recon 10 speed gripshift twist shifters for 2x10 sram and shimano drivetrains dk lites recon 10 speed gripshift twist shifters for 2x10 sram and shimano drivetrains

Comments

Zdave - 04/21/11 - 7:01pm

Love this site, but at least spell check or proof read the posts!

Ed.rides.bicycles - 04/21/11 - 9:06pm

oh silly grip shift… and weight weenies :)

Alain - 04/22/11 - 5:06am

Damn light, but too light. Those SEC shifters are crap. I own one 10sp pair and :
1/ Inaccurate derailleur positioning on some cogs
2/ Unwanted shift because too easy twisting action
3/ Very light plastic construction make the part deform while twisting

They are now stored on a shelf waiting for trash.

wannabesti - 04/22/11 - 6:29am

Zdave,
I am forced to rely on sites such as Bikerumor to get the latest news on products, as the companies make sure bicycle shops are the absolute last to know. I like Bikerumor’s quick and to the point style of posts. I don’t care if there are grammatical mistakes galore through the entire post, as long as I get my information.
STOP SPELL CHECKING AND JUST FREAKIN’ GO RIDE YOUR BIKE!

Roger - 04/22/11 - 12:17pm

They are a brand new product and will only get better with constructive criticism and time. Now hopefully they will get picked up by SRAM so I can go 10speed, BikeRumour keep it up.

Broseph - 04/22/11 - 2:29pm

Eh, they’ve actually been out for a while. The consensus is that they are no good.

spokejunky - 04/22/11 - 2:49pm

Funny, I was looking at the Recon site. Noted they had what looked like SRAM Ti and alloy 10spd cassettes for the XX stuff. Granted it was the traditional 2 or 3 cog cluster design instead of the one piece SRAM design, but it looked worth a shot. They were also advertising the 10spd twist shifters coupled with their 10spd 11-36T cassette.

Abraham P. - 12/20/11 - 2:34am

I never know about Recon until I opened its site. My mtb was equipped with Recon 7 speed gripshifter. It fit very well on my Acera rear deraileur and Altus in front.