Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits and Pieces
- Phil Keogan, host of The Amazing Race, is hosting screenings of his documentary The Ride across the U.S., ending with a screening in NYC before the premier of the 18th running of the television show. Screenings benefit the MS Society with 100% of the door going directly to the charity. Dates, locations and the video trailer after the break.
- Vaude is the latest pack manufacturer to start using HydraPak’s reservoirs. Starting with their Aquarious 2.0, Vaude joins Hydrapak’s growing list of global partners, including POC, DaKine, Nathan, EVOC, Oakley, Columbia, Fox, Ogio, Kriega, Scott, BMW, KTM, and Berghaus.
- Trek Travel is now the official cycling vacation and touring sponsor for the Amgen Tour of California. Sign up for one of their race-related packages and you’ll get to ride a new Madone and you’ll have access to the team introductions, get to pre-ride the ITT stage, ride in one of the officials cars following the riders, dinner with either the Leopard/Trek or Team Radio Shack teams, get your photo on the podium and behind-the-ropes tours of the team buses and pit areas. Oh, and you’ll get in some scenic road riding around Lake Tahoe and such, too.
- IMBA-SORBA announces the premiere of the Southern Mountain Bike Summit! Join land managers, industry leaders, politicians, and fellow mountain bikers in the scenic mountains of western North Carolina to teach, learn, meet, greet, ride, and grow the sport of mountain biking in the Southeast. Connect with friends, old and new, as you make mountain biking in your region exceptional. Y’all come get some GRITS (Great Riding In The South). March 25-27th in Brevard, NC.
- Speaking of SORBA, Konxville’s (TN) Legacy Park trail project is moving forward, but they need your help. Donate and/or get info here.
- Not in Tennessee? How ’bout GA? The Forest Service is seeking input on trails for the Chatahoochee National Forest. Meeting in Dalton, GA, next Tuesday on February 15. Details here.
The Ride Details:
- 10 city tour
- During the ride we raised $500,000 we are now at $630,000 and with the film we want to hit a million.
- Regal are giving 100% of box office to MS
- Hyatt providing hotels
- MS organizing meet and greets in each city
- Blitz media and marketing in 10 CBS Owner Operated Stations.
- Posters cards in 6500 GNCs
- eblast to Tour of California, GNC, Europa, Hyatt, MS, Sony, Specialized etc.
- Final screening in Times Square on Friday 18th just before premiere of The Amazing Race 18.